+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon Iphone 4s IMEI, Baseband disappeared! Helped

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey guys, wanna say hi as well as I registered in look for some help and maybe offer help as well. Now my issue is, I have a verizon iphone
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Verizon Iphone 4s IMEI, Baseband disappeared! Helped
    Hey guys, wanna say hi as well as I registered in look for some help and maybe offer help as well.

Now my issue is, I have a verizon iphone 4s unlocked with tpsim ( i live in dominican republic). Was working fine for 3 weeks and all of a sudden I lost signal. Turned phone off and on as usual but this time signal didn't come in. When I go to the settings, general, info, I see that the modem firmware (the baseband) info is blank, and I can't find the Imei as well.

Now Ive tried putting other sim cards, with tpsim, without tpsim and it doesn't seem to read them or say at least activation required invalid sim. My guess is that this has to do with imei not showing up or modem firmware being blank

I called apple because my 1st impression was that maybe the iphone was stolen or something and apple disabled it but the women told me it still has 392 days of warranty and that they do not do that.

Now my problem is the iphone has ios 5.0.1 which had the baseband 1.0.14 which is unlockable with tpsim, if I restore I would lose the unlock since I believe itunes forces you to upgrade to 5.1 and since its a cdma iphone, you need jailbreak to unlock (which isn't out yet).

Any suggestions can help, not sure if its a software issue or what, also is there a way to restore iphone without upgrading OS, anyone have a similar issue? Basically anything as I do not know what to do anymore.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ive seen threads about 3gs being bricked but they show no bluetooth or wifi address but this one does so I guess the chip is ok??? Not sure.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mcvigo View Post
    Hey guys, wanna say hi as well as I registered in look for some help and maybe offer help as well.

Now my issue is, I have a verizon iphone 4s unlocked with tpsim ( i live in dominican republic). Was working fine for 3 weeks and all of a sudden I lost signal. Turned phone off and on as usual but this time signal didn't come in. When I go to the settings, general, info, I see that the modem firmware (the baseband) info is blank, and I can't find the Imei as well.

Now Ive tried putting other sim cards, with tpsim, without tpsim and it doesn't seem to read them or say at least activation required invalid sim. My guess is that this has to do with imei not showing up or modem firmware being blank

I called apple because my 1st impression was that maybe the iphone was stolen or something and apple disabled it but the women told me it still has 392 days of warranty and that they do not do that.

Now my problem is the iphone has ios 5.0.1 which had the baseband 1.0.14 which is unlockable with tpsim, if I restore I would lose the unlock since I believe itunes forces you to upgrade to 5.1 and since its a cdma iphone, you need jailbreak to unlock (which isn't out yet).

Any suggestions can help, not sure if its a software issue or what, also is there a way to restore iphone without upgrading OS, anyone have a similar issue? Basically anything as I do not know what to do anymore.

Do your wifi and GPS work? Sounds ominous. Plug it into tinyumbrella and see if it can read the baseband version.