Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4s BRICKED - Stuck on loading loop - NEED HELP ASAP

Exclamation iPhone 4s BRICKED - Stuck on loading loop - NEED HELP ASAP
    iPhone 4s on 5.0.1

I went to SBSettings and went to change carrier name (Make it mine) and I switched the keyboard from English > Emoji > Japanese Kana or something and then my iphone crashed.

Apple screen loads and then goes to the circle loading thing and keeps going and going.
    I looked around and this looked very simliar to what I have
    IPod touch 4g stuck on boot logo help plz? - Yahoo! Answers

Can anyone please help!

I'm uploading my syslog right now, will post when it's finished, total is like 230MB

I have no idea what's causing! PLEASE HELP!
    Started on April 19 at 15:00 i think (Around 2:50-3 something CENTRALTIME)
    I've been at this since 3:00 and it's now 7:23! PLEASE!

I tried to restore my OS but I can't.
    I have SHSH blobs saved and everything, but I keep getting itunes errors everytime. With tinyumbrella TSS server activated, won't work either. Removed everything blocking apple's server in hosts file, won't work. They stopped signing for 5.0.1

Please help me guys, please.

EDIT: Here it is!
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/74553869/syslog
    Last edited by Overclock; 04-19-2012 at 06:44 PM.

Did you ever update to the latest mobile substrate? If you did, try holding volume up while your device boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich. View Post
    Did you ever update to the latest mobile substrate? If you did, try holding volume up while your device boots.
    Not doing anything

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

So you tried to restore and it didn't work. What did it do?

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    So you tried to restore and it didn't work. What did it do?
    I tried to restore to 5.0.1, they stopped signing and even with tinyumbrella it didn't work.

I just tried to update mobile substrate via SSH (SSH works while stuck in the loading), depackaged the latest one and tried to hold volume up when rebooting, nothing happens.

Can someone look in the syslog and tell me what specific app/file/tweak it is so if I uninstalled it it would work?

EDIT: I live in hammond louisiana..... O.O
    Last edited by Overclock; 04-19-2012 at 08:32 PM.

Thanks

What excatly are you looking for. And yes if you restore you will have to go to 5.1 which doesn't have a jailbreak for the 4s as of now.

What excatly are you looking for. And yes if you restore you will have to go to 5.1 which doesn't have a jailbreak for the 4s as of now.
    Well that's a shame, looks like I'm going to have to wait for a A5 untethered 5.1.
    Really hope one comes out really soon

Thanks

Rumors are saying soon we shall see

Rumors are saying soon we shall see
    Yea they got the tools, but they said it's expected to be a long while from now.

Thanks

All we do is wait

All we do is wait
    I'm trying to update, it downloaded 5.1, extracted then I get error 21.
    What does that mean?

EDIT: nvm got it I think!
    Last edited by Overclock; 04-19-2012 at 08:55 PM.

if you have SSH installed, then you can use ifunbox but I don't recommend deleting/copy/pasting files. There are some gurus that can help you with corrupt app in root folder. Just be extra carefull when you get the access. It may brick it for some reason and you might not even use ssh.

Quote Originally Posted by Overclock View Post
    What does that mean?

Put your ipsw in CUsers\NAME\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates
    Then try again. Shift+restore sometimes works sometimes not. But I guess you already know that you have to put it in DFU or Restore mode before pressing "restore" button.
    Last edited by togu; 04-19-2012 at 10:33 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Overclock View Post
    What does that mean?

Everthing good?

Everthing good?
    Yup I got it
    Just waiting for the 5.1 to come out

Thanks

Hopefully soon
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Default Please Help - iPhone 3GS Bricked
    Hello,

I am also facing a problem with my iPhone 3GS. It has been bricked.

I have iphone 3gs with OS 4.2.1 and i had upgraded baseband to 06.15.00 from 05.15.04 about 9 months back. I jailbroke it using iPhone using redsnow(redsn0w_win_0.9.6b6).

Since its teethered jailbreak i had to connect to my laptop and boot it in teethered mode (using iPhone2,1_4.2.1_8C148a_Restore IPSW) everytime i had to restart it. This worked fine however off late i had been having troubles while rebooting and had to reboot few times to get it to work.

Last friday though, my phone ran out of battery and when i restarted it went straight in to recovery mode (USB + iTunes logo). Since then i have tried following things but no luck in getting it back to work. Please Help!!

1. I tried tethered boot several times but that didnt help
    2. I tried to recover using iTune and 4.2.1 IPSW however that failed with error 3192. I downloaded latest version of iTune and tried again with same result
    3. I tried to deactivate but that would not even complete the process and was used to get stuck up
    4. I tried to Install Cydia and iPad baseband again though that didnt work
    5. Then I installed redsn0w_win_0.9.6b5 for windows(i have win 7) and ran same process with similar results. however when i tried to install Cydia and iPad baseband then i was getting an error saying "...47626 instead of 47628... Mounting disk0s2s1. ERROR"

after that i have given up and right now its a brick. Please help getting it back to working

What's Jailbreak?
    Marina del Rey, California, United States
    Thanks

ou
    Quote Originally Posted by shahashishb View Post
    Hello,

I am also facing a problem with my iPhone 3GS. It has been bricked.

I have iphone 3gs with OS 4.2.1 and i had upgraded baseband to 06.15.00 from 05.15.04 about 9 months back. I jailbroke it using iPhone using redsnow(redsn0w_win_0.9.6b6).

Since its teethered jailbreak i had to connect to my laptop and boot it in teethered mode (using iPhone2,1_4.2.1_8C148a_Restore IPSW) everytime i had to restart it. This worked fine however off late i had been having troubles while rebooting and had to reboot few times to get it to work.

Last friday though, my phone ran out of battery and when i restarted it went straight in to recovery mode (USB + iTunes logo). Since then i have tried following things but no luck in getting it back to work. Please Help!!

1. I tried tethered boot several times but that didnt help
    2. I tried to recover using iTune and 4.2.1 IPSW however that failed with error 3192. I downloaded latest version of iTune and tried again with same result
    3. I tried to deactivate but that would not even complete the process and was used to get stuck up
    4. I tried to Install Cydia and iPad baseband again though that didnt work
    5. Then I installed redsn0w_win_0.9.6b5 for windows(i have win 7) and ran same process with similar results. however when i tried to install Cydia and iPad baseband then i was getting an error saying "...47626 instead of 47628... Mounting disk0s2s1. ERROR"

after that i have given up and right now its a brick. Please help getting it back to working
    Have you tried any of the various "fixrecovery" options? They're all a little bit different. I would start with the one in Tiny Umbrella. If that doesn't do anything I suggest irecovery. Do a search for it and install - it basically adds a command which you use in the terminal.

So install it and open up terminal. Plug in the iphone. Type the following (my comments in brackets. Don't type)

irecovery -r (resets the usb port)
    irecovery -s (access the IBSS available on the iphone. You won't get a prompt unless you hit enter, so hit enter again. You should see a "]"

printenv

setenv auto-boot true ( sets the device to automatically boot next startup)

saveenv

reboot

---

The phone screen should clear the instant you hit return after reboot - if it doesn't then something else is going on. But this should kick your device back into the real world.