Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 4 wifi range suddenly sucks balls?

Default Iphone 4 wifi range suddenly sucks balls?
    So my iphone 4 wifi range is suddenly a piece of ****. It was fine, and then one day, and it got nerfed out of nowhere. It's jailbroken and I use it for free so I def need strong wifi signal to use it like a boss.

Does anyone know why the iphone4 wifi gets suddenly nerfed and how it can be fixed? I'm aware that this is a HUGE problem and apple doesn't have an answer for it..

Also, I know I can tether my phone to be a hotspot so my laptop can use wifi from it....BUT can I tether my laptops wifi to my iphone? THAT WOULD BE SICK!!!!!!11

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by infinitree View Post
    So my iphone 4 wifi range is suddenly a piece of ****. It was fine, and then one day, and it got nerfed out of nowhere. It's jailbroken and I use it for free so I def need strong wifi signal to use it like a boss.

Does anyone know why the iphone4 wifi gets suddenly nerfed and how it can be fixed? I'm aware that this is a HUGE problem and apple doesn't have an answer for it..

Also, I know I can tether my phone to be a hotspot so my laptop can use wifi from it....BUT can I tether my laptops wifi to my iphone? THAT WOULD BE SICK!!!!!!11

Thanks!
    As for why Your wifi range suddenly became pants I don't know. Try all the usual stuff, hard reset, restore, try with a different router to
    See if these make any difference. If not possibly hardware problem.

With regards to tethering laptop to your iPhone just use the personal hotspot option. I'm aware this is network dependent so your alternative is mywi from cydia. This will also allow it. Good luck

how to you use personal hotspot option? I'm on a macbook pro.

have the same problem.....download "connectify" to ur laptop. works like a charm.
    my wifi signal has gone to **** ever since 5.1.1 so now i have to either stand 3ft from the router, or take my laptop with me.
    i have PDANet on my phone which is a hotspot for my laptop, i dont use MyWi cuz AT&T can trace it. apparently they cant with PDANet.
    im just gonna get a 4th gen ipod touch and put mywi on there and keep it with me. thats the way to do it. lol