Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anyone filed a paypal claim before?

Default Anyone filed a paypal claim before?
    Just bought a $500 iphone 4s. Seller never shipped. totally scammed. Seller did have good feedback but i just saw someone else gave him negative feedback for the same exact item i had purchased. Im worried now that I lost those 500. I filed a claim through paypal and escalated to highest level, but heard it takes forever and sometimes they dont refund the whole amount. Im waiting for paypal review so i dont know how long that will take. Never buying an iPhone on eBay.. hate scammers

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

They pretty good with it. Should have an email within 48 hours

If the seller can't prove they sent the item eBay pretty much always sides with the buyer. Btw file an eBay claim rather that PayPal if it was bought through eBay. You have 45 days from the transaction. eBay is chock full of dishonest scammers. Always buy From apple. You may pay a little extra / $ but it's worth it

Yeah, it seems like the buyer has an advantage. For something like an iPhone you'd want to send it with tracking & insurance. If the seller can't prove a contested sale then he/ she could be in trouble.

That being said - DON'T BUY ANYTHING ON EBAY. It's a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Yeah, it seems like the buyer has an advantage. For something like an iPhone you'd want to send it with tracking & insurance. If the seller can't prove a contested sale then he/ she could be in trouble.

That being said - DON'T BUY ANYTHING ON EBAY. It's a wretched hive of scum and villainy.
    not everyone is a scum, a lot of "good accounts" are hacked everyday and sold to scammers by hackers. They use the good feedbacks to gain buyers trust.

But there's a reason there is an established "ebay buyer protection". If everything was done through ebay AND paypal, you dont have anything to worry about.

but as magoo stated, it is best to file a claim through ebay FIRST, then paypal...

I've done it multiple times, and always got my money back. There is a process, just like any other claim you file. Dont sweat it, just let paypal take care of it and provide any documentation you can!