+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Empty Ex-Girlfriend SMS Text Message

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Im very confused. I broke up with a gf about a year ago. We are still on good terms and stuff, but dont talk very often. I had a few
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Empty Ex-Girlfriend SMS Text Message
    Im very confused.

I broke up with a gf about a year ago. We are still on good terms and stuff, but dont talk very often. I had a few occations where her contact would appear in my text messaging list at the top as if she sent me a text. The thing is the text is completely blank. No bubbles or anything. In the past I just thought it was a glitch and deleted/ignored it.

It happen again this morning which made me curious. it comes up 8:53am... then i open it and its completely empty.

What could be causing this? I dont think its possible to send empty texts unless you atleast hit the spacebar first. In that case atleast an empty speech bubble would appear.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I'm guessing she has an iPhone as well? It's IMessage. Because it shows you when someone is typing, she started to send you a message so your phone opened up a message slot for her. She didn't end up sending anything, which is why it's blank.

Quote Originally Posted by seewillysee View Post
    Im very confused.

I broke up with a gf about a year ago. We are still on good terms and stuff, but dont talk very often. I had a few occations where her contact would appear in my text messaging list at the top as if she sent me a text. The thing is the text is completely blank. No bubbles or anything. In the past I just thought it was a glitch and deleted/ignored it.

It happen again this morning which made me curious. it comes up 8:53am... then i open it and its completely empty.

What could be causing this? I dont think its possible to send empty texts unless you atleast hit the spacebar first. In that case atleast an empty speech bubble would appear.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

i concur. if you type in a few characters to a recipient but dont actually press SEND, the recipient will get an empty text. no bubble and no message. but both must be on iMessage. also there is no sound notification. it just shows up.
    Last edited by daytonaviolet; 04-19-2012 at 02:13 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

she wants you back bro, but can't find the words to say!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to keenpois0n For This Useful Post:

JimboHurt (04-19-2012)