+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iBlacklist you little DIRTBAGS!

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Can you imagine a pricy, paid for piece of call/sms blocking software that actually GIVES YOUR NUMBER (and those in you contact list) TO THIRD PARTIES?! WELL THAT IS EXACTLY
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default iBlacklist you little DIRTBAGS!
    Can you imagine a pricy, paid for piece of call/sms blocking software that actually GIVES YOUR NUMBER (and those in you contact list) TO THIRD PARTIES?! WELL THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT'S HAPPENING!! Fortunately I have access to tools to detect this sort of nonsense so I'm on to you DIRTBAGS and I'm going to re up this message on every blog that I have access to until this crappy underhanded behavior stops!

And if it doesn't, I might include links to free versions and instructions on how to block this underhanded behavior. Net result? the masses get your software for free and you don't get to pull this CRAP! The choice is yours so keep it clean and honest (just like in the sales pitch). Oh yea, one more thing, **** ***!
    Last edited by Broomhead; 04-15-2012 at 01:25 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lohand View Post
    Can you imagine a pricy, paid for piece of call/sms blocking software that actually GIVES YOUR NUMBER (and those in you contact list) TO THIRD PARTIES?! WELL THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT'S HAPPENING!! Fortunately I have access to tools to detect this sort of nonsense so I'm on to you DIRTBAGS and I'm going to re up this message on every blog that I have access to until this crappy underhanded behavior stops!

And if it doesn't, I might include links to free versions and instructions on how to block this underhanded behavior. Net result? the masses get your software for free and you don't get to pull this CRAP! The choice is yours so keep it clean and honest (just like in the sales pitch). Oh yea, one more thing, **** ***!
    I'm sensing hostility here....
    Last edited by Broomhead; 04-15-2012 at 01:26 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Um yeah hi, you seem upset. Can I recommend you express your emotions to the developer? I'm sure the email address is somewhere on iBlacklist's page in Cydia...

Truth be told I don't think the developer is going to come here on modmyi and read this, considering iBlacklist is from BigBoss, lol.

iPhone? More like MyPhone expl0itfinder's Avatar
    Thanks

Jesus
    Last edited by Broomhead; 04-15-2012 at 01:26 PM.
    (null)

Thanks

Which one? the same application is now distributed by Digital Entertainment, Inc. on App Store at $1.99

EVO
    Thanks

ok breathe and say..........."GOOSFRABA"

Thanks

iBlacklist - Block UNW... from Digital Entertainment, Inc. on App Store is a scam.

iPhone? More like MyPhone gotzaiPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, what iBlacklist are you talking about?? The cydia app or one of the BS app store apps?

Thanks

Cydia App
    ModMyi.com | iBlacklist
    Believe it or not devs do come here since unlike Rock (and Apple) CYDIA HAS NO COMMENT SYSTEM!
    Which helps to provide feedback (i.e. don't down load the latest version of X because it causes issue X)...

Thanks

Yeah I have yet to see a dev actually come here and answer people's concerns or questions. Typically people contact them via the email addresses they may provide for public inquiries.

Just note the iBlacklist isn't an app hosted by us on ModMyi do I don't think you'll get much feedback here regarding the development and functional aspects of this app.

I honestly never had a problem with iBlacklist though...so if we are leaving feedback here about it I'd say it's just fine. Blocks all those annoying calls from annoying telemarketers and scammers from calling me a million times a day. I'm happy with it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Cydia App
    ModMyi.com | iBlacklist
    Believe it or not devs do come here since unlike Rock (and Apple) CYDIA HAS NO COMMENT SYSTEM!
    Which helps to provide feedback (i.e. don't down load the latest version of X because it causes issue X)...
    A rating style feedback system is actually a very good idea! Saurik......?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    A rating style feedback system is actually a very good idea! Saurik......?
    Save your breath! Saurik promised it when he sucked up Rock (which had a rating/commenting system in place) from Mario and David (aka "the world famous" Planetbeing) and it has yet to materialize. Having one in place could have saved JB'ers MILLIONS of bricked, looped, crashed, restarts, forced wipes, re-jailbreaks (if lucky enough to get in before an iOS update), the list is endless. Why? because we would be able to PROVIDE INSTANT FEEDBACK UP FRONT AT THE DELIVERY SOURCE (I.E. CYDIA) and save millions of others headaches as a result of downloading a very bad/dangerous app/update.

So Jay Freeman now that you have gotten around to updating winterboard why not work on the Rock/Cydia promises? After all Cydia LLC is a business, Right?

PS for the N00bs, you think you are going "fast" in a Mustang (Cydia) because you have never driven a RUF Porsche (Rock). Just sayin...

Thanks

Well there's a reason why Rock no longer exists. Speed comes with a cost. The way Rock ran may have been faster but that doesn't make it superior, in regards to the proper function of your device.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Well there's a reason why Rock no longer exists. Speed comes with a cost. The way Rock ran may have been faster but that doesn't make it superior, in regards to the proper function of your device.
    "Fast" and the car analogy was simply a metaphor. I was referring to the overall Fit, Finish, Function, Polish, look, feel, navigation, etc. of the Product. Commenting/rating system, app backups, desktop client, etc (and I am forgetting quite a bit of others). It was as close as you could get to iTunes like functionality (on phone and desktop) for the Jailbreak community. Sure Cydia has made some modest "Rock-like" improvements but they pale in comparison to what Rock offered.

PS Like a NOS Mustang vs a Turbo RUF Porsche (there I go again)...

Thanks

Yes, you make a valid point. Cydia has indeed come far in comparison to what it was 4-5 years ago. I'm sure improvements will come, it may take a long while but better late than never.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

wow, considering that one can get cydia and most apps for free, what's to complain about? if someone doesn't care for cydia, that person can start her own jailbreak business. i suggest that such energy be redirected toward solving world hunger, middle east peace, etc.

iPhone? More like MyPhone gotzaiPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

I realize that Rock wasn't a safe as Cydia, but I sure do miss Rock. As an end user, I sure liked using it more.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hank197857 View Post
    i suggest that such energy be redirected toward solving world hunger, middle east peace, etc.
    Or solving the rise in street crime associated with smart phone theft like iPhones ;^). Don't worry, some of us can "walk and chew gum at the same time"

I'm sure improvements will come, it may take a long while but better late than never.
    Every day, week, month that goes by without at a minimum a Cydia commenting/rating system is another 100, 1,000, 10,000 bricked, gimped iPhone because a bad app or update got loose and Devs (like with iTunes and Rock) didn't have this upfront instant feedback mechanism.

Hey here's a good idea, KM and Jay F. should get together and have mMYi host and manage a Cydia commenting/rating platform in exchange for ad space. mMYi certainly has the experience and expertise and Cydia really needs it. Sooo?
    Last edited by Lohand; 04-20-2012 at 03:55 AM.

Thanks

Mm I can't really agree with that. It's nearly impossible to brick an iPhone and if a tweak or app from Cydia causes an issue, it's likely due to incompatibility or conflict. Everybody uses different combinations of tweaks and apps, even with a "system" it won't prevent bad things from happening.

I'm not so much concerned about any of the TBH, I mean Cydia is what it is. It's the one and only. If the creator has time to fix it he'll do it, if he doesn't then do be it.

Thanks

If the creator has time to fix it he'll do it
    How do you know that?

Listen, we are not looking for the reinvention of the wheel here. Everyone knows that part of the value of iTunes and its comment system is its ability to provide INSTANT feedback to a Dev that may have released a buggy update and also as a warning to others not to download until a fix/update!

And most App store apps are benign, right? (App force close, etc.). That's it. Many JB apps on the other hand have what amounts to root access and can do allot more damage! So how is that acceptable? In this environment of "super access apps" it is even more, not less critical to have an upfront commenting system like iTunes (and Rock).

Add to that the promise to make it so when Rock was purchased by Jay Cydia makes it even that much worse that it hasn't happened yet. Again, every day, week, month that goes by is another 100, 1,000, 10,000 gimped iPhone because Cydia doesn't have this upfront instant feedback mechanism in place.

Cydia (a business not a high school project last time I checked) needs a commenting system like yesterday and as promised (Jay's words not ours). Sayin...
    Last edited by Lohand; 04-22-2012 at 12:28 PM.