Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4s wont connect/sync to computer 5.0.1

Default iPhone 4s wont connect/sync to computer 5.0.1
    There is something wrong with my iphone 4s running ios 5.0.1 (jailbroken).
    Whenever I plug my iphone into any usb (tried different ports and cables) on my friends laptop/desktop (Mac desktop/ Windows laptop) nothing happens at all. But when I plug my phone into the wall-charger it charges with no problem on more then one cable (all apple cables). I know it cant be itunes (10.6.1), software, etc... because when I connect my friends iphone to the desktop/laptop right after my failed attempt, his works no problem.
    Another thing I did was I downloaded music from my friends mac desktop, another itunes, (not the computer my phone is synced with) and I used this playlist/autofill method from youtube (it worked) to be able to transfer some songs from his computer to my phone. Maybe that's the culprit?
    So I dont know what to do to fix this. Short of restoring, I've tried starting it in safe mode to see if it will then connect/sync but nothing happened, deleted Fusion, I don;t want to put it into DFU mode because i'm afraid I wont be able to get it out unless i restore.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

If you want to restore, you can only restore to 5.1.

well I dont want to but i guess i will if that is my only option. But can't i restore using a previous firmware if i have/choose to.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

No since Apple is no longer signing 5.0.1, you'd have to save your SHSH blobs and use them to make a signed firmware for 5.0.1
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

i think i did save them after i jailbroke using tiny umbrella. If i did I just hold a button when i hit restore in itunes right? but how can i restore if my computer will not see my phone?

thank but i don't need help jailbreaking

Thanks

These look like spam posts.... Anyone agree?

Quote Originally Posted by tmuney08 View Post
    There is something wrong with my iphone 4s running ios 5.0.1 (jailbroken).
    Whenever I plug my iphone into any usb (tried different ports and cables) on my friends laptop/desktop (Mac desktop/ Windows laptop) nothing happens at all. But when I plug my phone into the wall-charger it charges with no problem on more then one cable (all apple cables). I know it cant be itunes (10.6.1), software, etc... because when I connect my friends iphone to the desktop/laptop right after my failed attempt, his works no problem.
    Another thing I did was I downloaded music from my friends mac desktop, another itunes, (not the computer my phone is synced with) and I used this playlist/autofill method from youtube (it worked) to be able to transfer some songs from his computer to my phone. Maybe that's the culprit?
    So I dont know what to do to fix this. Short of restoring, I've tried starting it in safe mode to see if it will then connect/sync but nothing happened, deleted Fusion, I don;t want to put it into DFU mode because i'm afraid I wont be able to get it out unless i restore.
    Was this the Cracked fusion you asked about in the other thread that was closed secondary to your piracy? Sorry to be harsh but It's tough that if you use unstable Cracked stolen apps you live with the consequences. Mods please close this thread

Quote Originally Posted by tmuney08 View Post
    wtf lol ^
    iPhone 4s wont connect/sync to computer 5.0.1

Don't you remember posting this? It was only yesterday. And you clearly state you installed and I quote "fusion (cracked)" the thread was then closed by one of the mods as MMI does not condone piracy or help pirates

Thanks

We do NOT support piracy on ModMyi. We do not reccomend it nor do we tolerate it on the forums. Please consider reading the Forum Rules. Content like that can get you banned on ModMyi. These rules are here for a reason and meant to be followed by ALL users.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Thread closed