+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Activity Monitor for iOS? See what's using how much RAM.

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
hey everyone, I'm trying to pare down the tweaks & add-ons on my phone. Is there anything like Activity Monitor for iOS to see how much RAM each tweak is
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Activity Monitor for iOS? See what's using how much RAM.
    hey everyone, I'm trying to pare down the tweaks & add-ons on my phone. Is there anything like Activity Monitor for iOS to see how much RAM each tweak is using?

thanks a lot,
    mikelite

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

I wish...Its a great idea!

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Thanks

Agree. It could make a very useful cydiia tweak

My iPhone is a Part of Me Frostbite's Avatar
    over the hill across the river and through the candy cane forest
    Thanks

It would be more of an app than a tweak, I've seen some stuff in the app store but they only monitor applications not tweaks.

It would be extremely difficult to make an app which determines how much RAM each tweak was using.
    If you wanna thank me hit "Thanks" in the lower left of my post. If you would like to follow me on twitter click here

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

There is a way to do this for both jailbroken and stock devices using a Mac. Download the latest version of Xcode, which is free in the Mac App Store. Connect your iOS device with USB, open Organizer within Xcode, and make sure in your device's options pane that Use for Development is checked/enabled. Then open the included Instruments app, select Activity Monitor as your tool, select your iOS device as a target from the drop down menu, and hit record. You will see a Mac-like Activity Monitor in real time for your device.

This will only work if Xcode has the right iOS SDK for your firmware version. If you encounter errors, try starting your device in Safe Mode first, though this is usually not necessary.