+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 4s usb problems

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
ok so i have an iphone 4s that is jailbroken on 5.0.1 with at&t. Today i hooked it into my car stereo to play the songs I have from my
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iphone 4s usb problems
    ok so i have an iphone 4s that is jailbroken on 5.0.1 with at&t. Today i hooked it into my car stereo to play the songs I have from my iphone. My CD player didnt recognize it and now my computer isnt either. The phone will charge through the usb wall plug but cant get the iphone to connect to anything else. I have tried restarting everything and even a different usb cable. I can get itunes to recognize the phone only by turning it off and holding the home button and then connecting the usb cable to my computer. the only problem with that is i would have to restore which will upgrade me to 5.1 which means no jailbreak. Any ideas on what is wrong or how to fix this usb problem? thank you in advance.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

well, i can't help you with your usb problems, not directly. just make sure you dump your 5.0.1 shsh blobs to redsn0w, tinyumbrella and ifaith to be on the safe side. retrieve your blobs and save them on your computer. save from all three sources and make copies of each. never can be too careful. oh, i forgot; the 4s can't be downgraded. sorry, dude ...