Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need some advice

Default Need some advice
    I have a brand new iP4 32GB (which is locked to AT&T but has 01.59.00 baseband and unlocked using ultrasn0w) and a used but mint condition factory unlocked iP4 32GB.

I want to sell one of these but I don't know which one to sell lol.

What would you guys do? Sell the new ultrasn0w unlocked iP4 or the used factory unlocked iP4?

Doesn't really matter does it? What network do you use? If you're AT&T then keep the one locked to that network and sell the factory unlocked one. Otherwise sell the new one

I'm from New Zealand, we don't have AT&T here.

I purchased the phones from eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon Strips View Post
    I'm from New Zealand, we don't have AT&T here.

I purchased the phones from eBay.
    Personally I'd keep the factory unlocked one. Means you never have to worry about losing your unlock and ergo the use of the phone if you accidentally upgrade the baseband.

I'm edging towards the factory unlock one too because I'm sure ultrasn0w affects the battery life a bit and I'm pretty sure that the latest baseband update would have fixed some reception issues and etc that 01.59.00 baseband had?

Can't really say. Some people say it does, others say no it doest. Iv never used it as I always get a factory unlocked handset so don't worry about baseband. If you're happy with the procedure to preserve your baseband with a custom FW via redsnow then I guess it comes down to your preference. Just feel factory unlock is the most simple way!

I'm used to preserving baseband and unlock using ultrasn0w. Been doing it for over 2 years but just acquired these phones and don't know what one to sell lol.

flip a coin. bring it up in confession. pray about it. whatever ... of all the problems to have, i should live in your world. those poor, starving african children ... anyway, my iphone is factory unlocked, and my wife's iphone has an ultrasn0w unlock. she gets better mileage.

Thanks

Yeah, keep factory unlocked one...less fuss...