Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Battery draining too fast

Question Battery draining too fast
    I have an iphone4 and recently the battery has been draining too fast, even when it's asleep. I have all notifications turned off, gps is turned off, I can't find anything else that would be draining it so fast. I have Facebook notifications turned off in system and in the app settings, but I'm still getting notifications. Could that be it? I'm not sure how to fix that problem. I don't know what else I need to turn off. I'm not jailbroken. My battery drained 70% today just sitting on the table. Any suggestions? Really appreciate it.

Thanks

Amy cydia tweaks you installed recently? Some cydia tweaks can drain your battery faster
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

I'm not jailbroken. No cydia.

What version iOS? If you're not concerned re: jailbreak then I'd try a restore to a fresh copy of iOS. If you are wanting a jailbreak and you're on a firmware lower than 5.1 then make sure you dump your shsh with ifaith prior to restore as apple are only signing 5.1 now.
    http://www.ijailbreak.com/how-to/sav...h-ifaith-v1-4/ - tut on how to do it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elorahd View Post
    I'm not jailbroken. No cydia.
    Oh ok, update to 5.1. Apple suppsedly fixed battery issues in that firmware version.

I've already updated to 5.1. It didn't help. I guess I could try a restore. Is there a way to do that without hooking up to a computer?

Thanks

Nope no way to restore without computer

My battery drained especially fast when I forgot to turn off "location services" after using MapMyWalk. Do you have anything on locations services? Also, I notice that my bluetooth is always spinning when I'm out of range of my car. Does this ring any bells?

join the 21st century. jailbreak your phone!

Thanks

And if u restore, do itunes backup, make sure u backup everything outside of iTunes backup and setup as a new phone, not from backup...backups can get corrupted and cause these types of issues when used to restore like after an update or regular restore...

I'll also suggest restoring your phone, and since your on 5.1 you can't do an untethered jailbreak as of yet. I'm also on 5.1 not jailbroken. On my new battery the past 2 days i had 7hours and 25 minutes of display time and over a day on stand by before it went dead. That includes playing some games, watching a little YouTube, browsing web and so on. Coming from a Droid X which struggled to get 2 hours of display, this is fantastic. If the restore doesn't do it i would recommend a new battery. Can be bought for under $10 and very easy to install.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Turn off Bluetooth. It consumes battery like CRAZY. Do a restore as well just to be safe
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.