+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone is not defined by the USB port on your computer

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi! At me it is bad with English therefore at once I apologize. If I write in Russian, me here will understand? At IPhone connection to a battery charger it
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy iPhone is not defined by the USB port on your computer
    Hi! At me it is bad with English therefore at once I apologize. If I write in Russian, me here will understand?

At IPhone connection to a battery charger it is charged... at connection to a computer isn't defined and doesn't see at all. In DFU is defined and sees.
    The day before yesterday everything worked... I only established for Siri's russification tweak AnyVoice, then the certificate one accepted and changed in one .plist'е a host for another.

Tried to do return actions on removal of russification of Siri, but helped nothing. Tried to return all demons whom deleted, too didn't help, though after removal of demons everything worked more, than week.

Update iOS 5.1 on 4S it not option, know... Probably there is any file in iOS which is responsible for recognition on USB or something something like that... There is no place to address more, prompt please?!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

При подключении Айфона к заряднику, он заряжается... при подключении к компу не определяется и даже не видится. В DFU определяется и видится.
    Позавчера всё работало... я только устанавливал для русификации Сири твик AnyVoice, потом сертификат один принял и поменял в одном .plist'е хост на другой.

Пробовал проделать обратные действия по удалению русификации Сири, но ничего не помогло. Пробовал вернуть все демоны, которые удалял, тоже не помогло, хотя после удаления демонов всё работало более, чем неделю.

Перепрошивать 4S-ку это не вариант, сами знаете... Видимо есть какой-то файлик в iOS, который отвечает за распознавание по USB или что-то в этом роде... Подскажите пожалуйста?!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

Please use English to yield better results because this is majority English board.

Пожалуйста, используйте английский, чтобы получить лучшие результаты, потому что это правление большинства английском языке

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    Please use English to yield better results because this is majority English board.

Пожалуйста, используйте английский, чтобы получить лучшие результаты, потому что это правление большинства английском языке
    I wrote the above in English. Translated with Google. I do not know understand me or not ...

Thanks

The translation, while not perfect, was good enough for us to understand - thank you.
    Unfortunately I don't know the answer but just came across Charging and sync problem so it looks like you are not the only one - but no solution that I know of as yet. Sorry.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Banned
    Thanks

If you are facing only at USB connection to a computer isn't defined then i could say you that you can start by restoring your phone and connecting to another USB port on your PC.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Benson11
    I have to jailbreak iPhone. Restoring to 5.1 is not for me, because I want to save jailbreak.
    Sorry for my English. Translate by Google.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have the same problem. I have 4s, ios 5.0.1. My laptop can not see my iphone, can't charge, itunes does not recognize my iphone. I've put my iphone into DFU mode and then itunes see's it and tells me to restore...but I just hard reset to preserve my jailbreak. Still after this my iphone can't be seen by my laptop. My wifes is ok when plugged into my laptop.

I just recently updated apps in Cydia. I do no photoalbums+ has a bug in it that will not let me view pictures in my Messages app so I removed it. Everything started happening from there. When trying to update Cydia Installer I get several errors all saying Open nodename nor servname provided, or not known.

Can someone shed some insight on this issue please? I want to keep my jailbreak. I actually tried to restore back to iOS 5.0.1(9A406) so I can re-jailbreak again, but I was not able to restore back to 5.0.1. Any help would be great. Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cav3O View Post
    Can someone shed some insight on this issue please? I want to keep my jailbreak. I actually tried to restore back to iOS 5.0.1(9A406) so I can re-jailbreak again, but I was not able to restore back to 5.0.1. Any help would be great. Thanks.
    For the 4S no way to recover on 5.0.1 now. We can only wait like everyone with this problem.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 323 Posts

I have the same problem. I have 4s, ios 5.0.1. My laptop can not see my iphone, can't charge, itunes does not recognize my iphone. I've put my iphone into DFU mode and then itunes see's it and tells me to restore...but I just hard reset to preserve my jailbreak. Still after this my iphone can't be seen by my laptop. My wifes is ok when plugged into my laptop.

I just recently updated apps in Cydia. I do no photoalbums+ has a bug in it that will not let me view pictures in my Messages app so I removed it. Everything started happening from there. When trying to update Cydia Installer I get several errors all saying Open nodename nor servname provided, or not known.

Not sure if this helps but I had the same problem as far as photoalbums+ goes, I noticed that I couldnt view pictures in my messages, so I deleted photoalbums+.. Then yesterday I tried to get on itunes and neither itunes nor my comp would recognize my iphone, so I did a hard boot on my phone and closed itunes and restarted my comp and still nothing.

When I came across this post I had an idea that worked for me, I downloaded photoalbums+ again and plugged my phone in and my itunes and comp recognized my phone and I was able to transfer stuff and make a backup and all that good stuff. Afterwards I uninstalled photoalbums+ and tried plugging my phone in again and it worked for me. it might also be worth mentioning when I woke up this morning my phone was in safe mode and I restarted it and havent had a problem since.

For me it seemed related to photoalbums+, like I said not sure if this helps but it might be worth a try if anybody else has the same issue

update - apparently my issue is with photoalbums+, my phone shows up in itunes but my DCIM doesnt show up in my computer. When I install Photoalbums+ it shows up but not when its uninstalled.. Anyone have an idea how to fix it? Maybe something in ifile?
    Last edited by Cloud2Ground; 04-05-2012 at 01:47 PM.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cloud2Ground For This Useful Post:

Cav3O (04-06-2012), glttrgrl (04-08-2012), Shumer (04-05-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Cloud2Ground
    Friend, at finally, your way of PhotoAlbums+ solves the problem! A simple tweak to reinstall helped! Thank you very much!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Shumer For This Useful Post:

Cloud2Ground (04-05-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shumer View Post
    Cloud2Ground
    Friend, at finally, your way of PhotoAlbums+ solves the problem! A simple tweak to reinstall helped! Thank you very much!
    You are welcome my friend, I am glad that worked for you!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

With regard to this bug author responded that he was aware of and prepared an update.
    We are aware and have a fix coming out very shortly.
    Thread also here: SpiritOfLogic - View topic - USB problems with PA+

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shumer For This Useful Post:

Cav3O (04-06-2012), Cloud2Ground (04-06-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PythEch For This Useful Post:

Cav3O (04-06-2012), Cloud2Ground (04-06-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PythEch View Post
    Thanks for this info bro!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud2Ground View Post
    Not sure if this helps but I had the same problem as far as photoalbums+ goes, I noticed that I couldnt view pictures in my messages, so I deleted photoalbums+.. Then yesterday I tried to get on itunes and neither itunes nor my comp would recognize my iphone, so I did a hard boot on my phone and closed itunes and restarted my comp and still nothing.

When I came across this post I had an idea that worked for me, I downloaded photoalbums+ again and plugged my phone in and my itunes and comp recognized my phone and I was able to transfer stuff and make a backup and all that good stuff. Afterwards I uninstalled photoalbums+ and tried plugging my phone in again and it worked for me. it might also be worth mentioning when I woke up this morning my phone was in safe mode and I restarted it and havent had a problem since.

For me it seemed related to photoalbums+, like I said not sure if this helps but it might be worth a try if anybody else has the same issue

update - apparently my issue is with photoalbums+, my phone shows up in itunes but my DCIM doesnt show up in my computer. When I install Photoalbums+ it shows up but not when its uninstalled.. Anyone have an idea how to fix it? Maybe something in ifile?

Thanks for sharing this info!! I'm going to try it once I get home. Were you able to download all your pics/vids off your iPhone using iPhoto or what ever software you use? That's the one thing I don't want to lose if I restore my iPhone. I have too many vids of my kids that I recently took that have yet to be backed up. Thanks again.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Cav3O For This Useful Post:

Cloud2Ground (04-06-2012)

Thanks

Thanks for sharing this info!! I'm going to try it once I get home. Were you able to download all your pics/vids off your iPhone using iPhoto or what ever software you use? That's the one thing I don't want to lose if I restore my iPhone. I have too many vids of my kids that I recently took that have yet to be backed up. Thanks again.
    Your welcome, I was able to pull all my pics and vids up from my iphone, I'm thinking you should be able too. Restoring was not an option for me so this did help, also the author emailed me and said they were working on an update for photoablums+ so we'll see, but for now this is a work around. Anyways good luck, hope it works for you too.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud2Ground View Post
    Your welcome, I was able to pull all my pics and vids up from my iphone, I'm thinking you should be able too. Restoring was not an option for me so this did help, also the author emailed me and said they were working on an update for photoablums+ so we'll see, but for now this is a work around. Anyways good luck, hope it works for you too.
    Yes it worked for me! I was able to download all my pics/vids onto my laptop! I'm really thankful for this! Thanks again for sharing your work around. I guess we'll wait and see what and when the photoalbum+ update will do. For now we can't see pics in MMS messages. What ever the fix is, I hope it will not mess up my iPhone if I choose to remove photoalbums+...

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Cav3O For This Useful Post:

Cloud2Ground (04-07-2012)

Thanks

Yes it worked for me! I was able to download all my pics/vids onto my laptop! I'm really thankful for this! Thanks again for sharing your work around. I guess we'll wait and see what and when the photoalbum+ update will do. For now we can't see pics in MMS messages. What ever the fix is, I hope it will not mess up my iPhone if I choose to remove photoalbums+...
    Awesom, I'm glad that worked for you! I honestly wouldnt have firgured that out if it wasnt for your post so I should be thanking you as well cause I was in the same boat. I agree though, whatever the fix may be I hope it doesnt interfere with removing the app safely

Thanks

Hi, I can confirm this WORKED for me too! Had uninstalled PhotoAlbums+ because of the MMS photo conflict and didn't think a JB app could cause this particular problem. Reinstalled it, rebooted iphone 4 & laptop and it's both charging and recognizing it again!
    I figured something specific to the device had to be going on because I tried plugging it into 3 different PCs running Windows 7 and XP and had identical results on each. Plus my laptop had no trouble recognizing my iPad. I was starting to wonder if something from Cydia could have done it but it seemed doubtful since I've had issues like this in the past that were always driver or iTunes-related. THANK YOU SO MUCH for posting this fix! I was about to go through the horrific process of un- and reinstalling iTunes and barring that, be forced to restore to 5.1 and lose my jailbreak. I cannot thank you enough!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to glttrgrl For This Useful Post:

Cloud2Ground (04-07-2012)