+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Odd message?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Perhaps this may be the wrong forum but I am hoping someone here has some knowledge of this. My wife owns an iPhone 3Gs, 5.0.1 jailbroken with RedSn0w 10.4 (whatever
    iPhone? More like MyPhone AmadeusKaelPyralis's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Odd message?
    Perhaps this may be the wrong forum but I am hoping someone here has some knowledge of this.

My wife owns an iPhone 3Gs, 5.0.1 jailbroken with RedSn0w 10.4 (whatever the lastest one for 5.0.1 was). We didn't waste much time in jailbreaking it and we are both new to iOS 5... (I am not new to iPhones or jailbreaking). Anyway, she gets this odd screen (should be attached below). The actual message is it trying to get across is not new, I know why she GETS this message. The format is odd.

Before, these would come looking like text messages (the blue bubble) and like all messages would pop up on the lock screen and after five seconds disappear. THIS message however comes up, is NOT blue like it used to be, and keeps the screen ON indefinitely (until unlocked or dismissed). Thus, her battery is usually dead come morning (we receive them seemingly at night mostly).

Does ANYONE know what is causing this to come up in this way? I know what causes this message, it's location/data services but why does it come up looking like this and keep the screen on. We've turned off themes, she has not installed any tweaks from Cydia other than Winterboard and the one theme she uses, and we've removed all newly installed apps since we jailbroke. Reset has also been done.Odd message?-msgimage.png

Thanks

This was the wrong forum when you posted the same thing on 25/3 - why the duplicate post?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone AmadeusKaelPyralis's Avatar
    Thanks

I apologize, at the time I did not really know this would be the wrong forum. Of what I could find this seemed like the best place at the time.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

It's a carrier system message. O2uk send them in that format for pay and go to let you know your balance following a call or text. It however doesn't keep the screen on. Guess its down to your carrier

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-01-2012, 10:41 AM