Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 3g 3.1.3 to 4.2.1 BB 6.15

Default iphone 3g 3.1.3 to 4.2.1 BB 6.15
    So.. I dont know where to start..
    I had iphone 3g on IOS 4.2.1 with bb 6.15 jailbroken and unlocked.. I wanted to downgrade it to 3.1.3 since I heard its much faster..I did it,now I'm on 3.1.3 but most of apps are made for ios 4+ so i want to update it back to 4.2.1 but when I do it I just stuck in recovery mode ( white usb cable + itunes icon ) and I tried tinyumbrella and recboot to exit from recovery but when it reboots it again shows white cable + itunes icon.. i tried jailbreak but still stuck in recovery mode,so since I didn't find any solution yet I'm back to 3.1.3 which is faster but cant support many apps.. In itunes i get 1015(or something like this) error and I press ok and after that cant exit out of recovery mod,should I try to exit recovery before pressing ok? Any tips or advice will be helpful cause Im new whit iphones..I tried with snowbreeze and redsn0w.. Am I maybe making some mistake somewhere or?

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 15,564 Times in 7,113 Posts

You need to make a custom 4.2.1 with snowbreeze or pwnage tool and restore to that. You will need the specific version that supported 4.2.1 iPhone 3G though. A quick google for "how to make custom 4.2.1 snowbreeze" should point you in the right direction.

I already tried to make custom 4.2.1 with snowbreeze but still stuck in recovery,maybe I have wrong ios4.2.1 but I it was for '3g ios4.2.1' so it should be working ..
    Last edited by pscya; 03-31-2012 at 12:16 AM.

Thanks

How is it still stuck in recovery? You need to post error numbers you are getting when trying the custom 4.2.1 and I can help from there.

After restoring I get 1015 error in itunes :S

Thanks

That is with regular firmware. What issues are you having with the custom firmware?

I'm not sure,I'll try to jailbreak and unlock 4.2.1 through snowbreeze and then try to restore it by itunes and check for error name.. but I already tried that and still stuck in recovery mode,but forgot error..