+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3g 3.1.3 and push notifications

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello all. I'm trying to get Viber to work on my Iphone 3g using 3.1.3 firmware (Jailbreak and unlock with Redsnow & Ultrasnow) but Viber won't send the SMS activation
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Iphone 3g 3.1.3 and push notifications
    Hello all.

I'm trying to get Viber to work on my Iphone 3g using 3.1.3 firmware (Jailbreak and unlock with Redsnow & Ultrasnow) but Viber won't send the SMS activation because the Iphone won't accept notifications certs. I heard this is a common issue with jailbroken iphones, but strangely enough it works as per default using 4.2.1 (again with Redsnow+Ultrasnow). I've tried Push Doctor but it seems to be broken at the moment.

Is there anything I can do to fix it or am I forced to go back to 4.2.1?

Thank you for your time.

Official SaurikIT Support
    Thanks

I don't know why your phone would seemingly activate correctly on one iOS version but not another. Another alternative for getting proper activation on unofficially-unlocked devices is SAM. I haven't used it myself, but I know that a lot of other people find it useful.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Could it be related to using more recent versions of Redsnow when jailbreaking the device for 4.2.1? When I'm jailbreaking my iphone for 3.1.3 I'm forced to use an old version of Redsnow (0.9.2 or 0.9.4) as opposed to using the latest version for 4.2.1