Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Odd message...

iPhone? More like MyPhone AmadeusKaelPyralis's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Odd message...
    Perhaps this may be the wrong forum but I am hoping someone here has some knowledge of this.

My wife owns an iPhone 3Gs, 5.0.1 jailbroken with RedSn0w 10.4 (whatever the lastest one for 5.0.1 was). We didn't waste much time in jailbreaking it and we are both new to iOS 5... (I am not new to iPhones or jailbreaking). Anyway, she gets this odd screen (should be attached below). The actual message is it trying to get across is not new, I know why she GETS this message. The format is odd.

Before, these would come looking like text messages (the blue bubble) and like all messages would pop up on the lock screen and after five seconds disappear. THIS message however comes up, is NOT blue like it used to be, and keeps the screen ON indefinitely (until unlocked or dismissed). Thus, her battery is usually dead come morning (we receive them seemingly at night mostly).

Does ANYONE know what is causing this? We've turned off themes, she has not installed any tweaks from Cydia other than Winterboard and the one theme she uses, and we've removed all newly installed apps since we jailbroke. Reset has also been done.
    -msgimage.png

My iPhone is a Part of Me Susty's Avatar
    Thanks

Location services on iOS 5 trying to connect to the network.

Thanks

I apologize, my question was a little unclear.

Again, I know what is causing the actual message itself. That is not what I need to know.
    I want to know why the message is in the format it is in, and why it is keeping the screen on.

I've not been able to duplicate this on my iPhone 4 yet and themes/apps are not the cause.
    My question should be why does the message appear like this instead of how messages normally appear?

Thanks

Anyone? Anyone at all?