Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Black MMS on iPhone 4 5.0.1

Thanks
    Thanked 2,224 Times in 870 Posts

Default Black MMS on iPhone 4 5.0.1
    Recently i notice that when i send or receive a MMS i can't open it to see it dirctly from the SMS app, if i want to see it i have to save it on my photos first! Is anyone have this problem? If yes how can i fix it? TIA!

Same problem I'm having. Same with my wife's phone!

I am having the same problem but I cannot find a solution (I will continue to look).

I am also using an iPhone 4 on 5.0.1. There were a few updates for cydia apps I use (Photoalbums+ and Springtomize), perhaps there was a problem with one of these? Do you use those cydia apps?

Edit: I decided to remove the cydia apps 1 at a time to see if there was a problem with one of them and it turns out that the photoalbums+ was the one causing the issue, I will send an email to the developer now. I will be reinstalling it as it's a useful application and I can always save the pictures to view them, but lets hope they can get a fix up quick.

I hope this helps anyone else with the same problem =)
    Last edited by TinyLady; 03-25-2012 at 05:24 AM. Reason: I did not want to double post.

iPhone? More like MyPhone gotzaiPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

I had the exact same issue with PhotoAlbums+ and also sent an email about it.

I also have P.A+. Removed it and it worked!

Exactly the same problem i suffer and i want to complain.

iPhone? More like MyPhone gotzaiPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Benson11 View Post
    Exactly the same problem i suffer and i want to complain.
    Make sure to email the developer via cydia and let them know what's going on. The more people emailing, the better.

I am so happy I found this thread. This issue has had me going mad for about 2 weeks now. I too removed the PhotoAlbums+ app to regain full MMS functionality. I also emailed the developer. Hopefully we see a resolution soon.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who was flippin out over this haha. I hadn't changed anything except updating PhotoAlbums+ to 4.0.0.4, and that's when my problem started. PhotoAlbums and the MMS pics had been working flawlessly up to that point! Well, PhotoAlbums+ still works flawlessly, but yeah, I can't view my MMS pics w/o saving them now.

Go to Cydia -> Manage -> PhotoAlbums+, then scroll down to "Recent Updates." It will take you to the developers forum. I clicked on "Photoalbums+ 4.0.0.4 with iPhone 4" (not exact words) and in there, a few of the testers had the same problem.

On Mar. 24, the Admin was able to reproduce as well as fix the MMS/photo viewer issue and said that the fix will be released in the next beta version. Unknown when the next actual update will come thru Cydia.
    Last edited by TurboGoKart; 03-29-2012 at 12:02 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Problem solved with the new beta 4.0.0.5 ! very happy! Its available through their repo..