Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lockinfo

Default Lockinfo
    Ok guys,

Bit of a strange one. I was looking for a tweak to display my calendar on my lock screen and came across lockinfo on MMI repo. Downloaded and installed the trial, really liked it and found it useful so went to purchase a full licence (have to support our devs) via settings whereupon I was unable to purchase as it said thank you for purchasing and displays full licence. I know for certain no $ left my account so I can Only feel there's an error. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it continues to say the same thing. My questions are
    1. Where is the licence info for lockinfo kept? (SSH/iFile)
    2. Has anyone else experienced this?
    3. Any idea how to remedy this?

iPhone 4
    iOS 5.0.1
    Jailbroken
    O2UK

Have you tried purchasing via Cydia? If I'm understanding your post, you're trying to purchase a license through the app itself. I've owned LockInfo since v3 and I did my purchase through Cydia, so I'm not sure if the purchase option in the app has any bugs or not...

How do I do it through cydia? The only option it gives is to install

There are usually two places you can touch to purchase an app. The top-right corner (small button) and further down the page, just below the Author information, there's a banner-type button. If neither if these is available, I'd contact Dave Ashman (the author) or Saurik to find out what they suggest. Most likely Dave will want to help you before Saurik (I've emailed Saurik several times and have never received a response, but Dave is fairly good). If that still doesn't work, try deleting the app, SSH into your phone and search for anything and everything having to do with LockInfo and delete it all, then try Cydia again. And if that doesn't work, post back here and see if anyone else has any ideas... Good luck! LockInfo is a great tweak, so I hope you get it figured out!

Thanks for your help. It's so weird. Iv uninstalled, used ifile to look for any incidences of lockinfo (none remain) but the same thing happens when I reinstall. Assuming the licence file is kept elsewhere on the device! How do I contact dave?

Through Cydia works. He has a support address that will auto-reply, but he'll reply eventually.

Official SaurikIT Support
    Thanks

LockInfo is only available for purchase via the author's own payment system - it's not available for purchasing through the Cydia Store system. This means that if there's an issue with the package license, it's best to contact Dave Ashman directly; saurik won't be able to help with licensing issues for it.

Thanks

Yeah Dave usually gets back with me fAirly quick...

There are posts on other topics that LockInfo is now free... Whatever the case, Dave will know.

Quote Originally Posted by battlewithin View Post
    There are posts on other topics that LockInfo is now free... Whatever the case, Dave will know.
    It's free? Really? This makes sense then!

Official SaurikIT Support
    Thanks

If you look at the description for LockInfo in Cydia, it looks like it still costs $8, with an option to get it for free only if you refer three friends who purchase LockInfo.

Quote Originally Posted by brittag View Post
    If you look at the description for LockInfo in Cydia, it looks like it still costs $8, with an option to get it for free only if you refer three friends who purchase LockInfo.
    That's what I thought. The free lockinfo is via refund from what I can see rather than offering it for free on cydia. Iv uninstalled it as I wouldn't feel right using it for nothing.