Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I have a question

Lightbulb I have a question
    so here goes , in the iphone phonebook/contacts u have the option to add someones birthdate... my question is that if i entered a birthdate for a contact would the iphone notify me automatically, like my nokia 8800 does , or do i need to add an yearly reminder to the calendar ????

im pretty sure it does not calendar and contacts operate separatly probably going to have to add calendar entry

you can test it with fake bday though and report back just to be sure
    T-mobile has stolen my wallet's heart

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fruitsalt View Post
    so here goes , in the iphone phonebook/contacts u have the option to add someones birthdate... my question is that if i entered a birthdate for a contact would the iphone notify me automatically, like my nokia 8800 does , or do i need to add an yearly reminder to the calendar ????
    When you enter a birthdate in the address book, it is automatically placed in the calendar. If you check your calendar daily, you will see the information. But will it 'beep' you when the birthday is upcoming? That you'd have to add to the event itself.

i added a fake b-day into it to c if it works ... if u add a b-day into the address book it does not show in the calendar and there are no alerts... this sucks u have to add b-day twice , once in calendar and once in adress book to be able to get a notice.

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

good infos in here
     Think Different