Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: How to fix Spire (3 little pigs)
03-17-2012, 09:04 PM #1How to fix Spire (3 little pigs)
Many of you guys have Spire and noticed it might have not worked for you? Just follow these steps to help you fix your problem.
1. You need a Siri Proxy and 4s certificate. In this guide I'm using 3 little pigs, so I recommend you use it. Go to paradox-productions[dot]net (I'm not sure if I can post links) and download the certificate where it says download certificate. Do this on mobile safari.
2. Next add their proxy on Spire. Make sure you use https not http. You need to have the s.
3. Make sure Siri has location services on.
4. Hold home button and wait for Siri to pop up. Talk to her 5 times at the least.
5. Download iFile if you don't have it. Once you download it open it up and go to /var/mobile/Library/Preferences and open up com.apple.assistant.plist
6. Hit the first option twice. You'll then see many adresses. Just delete everything but Hostname! Don't delete hostname. That's important or you'll have to start over from part 4.
7. Now exit out and reboot. Always safe to just reboot.
8. Hold down home button and talk to Siri. She may not work the first time. If she doesn't talk to her and interupt her until she says hi back.
I do not take any responcibility if you accidently delete something you were not supposed to. If you follow these steps nothing bad will happen. Make sure you delete inside com.apple.assistant.plist and not delete the whole thing.
If you need help then just reply and I'll try to help.
03-18-2012, 01:17 PM #2
The person who voted no obviously is a troll. I just tested this 9 times now this month. Works perfectly
03-18-2012, 01:40 PM #3
Ddin't work for me. What do you mean by "Sekect the first option twice"?
03-18-2012, 05:02 PM #4
It will say Dictionary on plist viewer when you click on com.apple.assistant.plist. When you click it, it will say Something like this.
Accounts: Dictionary <--- click on this
Setlamguage: blah blah
Then you'll be redirected to a screen on ifile that looks like this
65174618f1... <--- click on that. (only option)
Then there will be stuff like
Host name: paradox-productions.net <--- keep
Speech assist: blah blah blah <--- delete
Expiration date: blah blah. <---- delete
Remember you got to wait 24 hours and talk to her and interrupt her for like 10-15 mins
03-19-2012, 01:18 PM #5
So will this fix spire since I can't even open safari with spire installed?Please hit "Thanks!" if I helped you.
03-19-2012, 02:44 PM #6
03-19-2012, 06:20 PM #7
That's your problem. Spire really doesn't crash anything.
Download crash reporter and the stuff it needs on Cydia
Search through the report on the most recent crash and it should say which mobilesubstrate or w/e is causing it to crash. Remove it or turn it off in Sbssettings
03-20-2012, 05:03 AM #8
03-20-2012, 02:57 PM #9
03-20-2012, 03:10 PM #10
It will say what caused the crash. Example: 7:05:46 PM Low Memory
7:05:49 PM Application Crashed
Those are clues that it was due to low memory or something. It won't look exactly like that but somewhere near it.
03-20-2012, 03:39 PM #11
Here is my crash log. I'm sure it isn't useful but I thought I would upload it and see if anyone could help.Please hit "Thanks!" if I helped you.
03-20-2012, 04:22 PM #12
Yah nothing worth of interest there. Try using Apple's default iOS 5.0.1 crash log. You can view the logs and they're much more useful in my opinion.
03-20-2012, 05:36 PM #13
It worked for me, totally having fun with Siri on my ip4 now. Thanks OP.
03-21-2012, 02:17 AM #14
So by opening the com.apple.assistant.plist file and deleting everything exept the "hostname" it should look like this right?
Then just reboot?
I've tried this exactly, but after a reboot I'm not even getting the rotating glow around siri, it activates, but does'nt even give me time to speak before deactivating...
03-21-2012, 09:18 AM #15
Keep trying to talk to Siri. I had to do it a few times before it started working.
03-21-2012, 10:17 AM #16
03-21-2012, 10:21 AM #17
Yeah well it just stopped working for me suddenly a few minutes ago lol
03-22-2012, 03:22 PM #18
Lol servers probably full :P
03-22-2012, 03:40 PM #19
Yup found that out. Tried it again yesterday during happy hour and instant connection.
03-22-2012, 03:42 PM #20
I can never seem to get on there when it's not so jammed up :/