+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help: afraid to brick my iphone

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
good day to all. I was trying to install new ringtones and change the sms received tone of my software unlocked iphone. I was using one of the posted tutorials
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Help: afraid to brick my iphone
    good day to all. I was trying to install new ringtones and change the sms received tone of my software unlocked iphone. I was using one of the posted tutorials where i have to jailbreak it via terminal. I had a problem with the last step putting in the services.plist then exiting. I was able to install the ringtone i want but now everytime i connect the iphone to my macbook it shows on itunes that it cant detect it. The only solution is to restore but the problem as we all know is that once i restore it will be automatically updated with the dreaded 1.1.1 thus re-locking it. Can someone please help me?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

without the correct services.plist on your phone, you can't sync with iTunes... that's what that last step is for.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yes i know. Somehow i missed out on that last step. Now everytime i try to jailbreak it. I cant get past the ./jailbreak command. Is there any other way?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

it probably is still jailbroken.. i think uploading Services.plist is what re-jails it. try connecting with whatever you've been using