Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone stuck + Power button not working

Default Iphone stuck + Power button not working
    Hey Guys. I am a new user on this board, but i have been reading for a while.

I have a few but serious problems with my iPhone 4 on 5.01 jailbroken. The other day, my iPhone froze when doing outgoing calls. I did not think much about this, as i would simply restore it the following day. The next day my on / off button suddenly broke, out of the blue (I did not drop it or anything. But it is too old for waranty)

I now have an iPhone that is unable to call without freezing (If i accidently press the call button, i have to wait until the battery runs dry lol)

I am currently using activator to replace the power button for locking the phone. Is there a way to restore it, without loosing the jailbreak? Or what do you think would be the best solution?

A (semi)happy iPhone owner!

Hi, I've had issues like this in the past. Have you installed any tweaks or mods like EZ Decline etc. Have u tried removing everything from cydia and then reinstalling. There is usually a culprit u need to eliminate.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    The Future

Try installing SBSettings then enter safe mode
    Go to Settings->General-> Accessibility->Turn on Assistive Touch
    Now u can lock it with that

Now test to see of the other problem still exists while in safe mode if no then it's a jailbreak issue if yes then it's a hardware/software issue where u will have to restore and update