Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydias Crashed & Burned - A little help anyone?

Hello I'd like to thank you for taking time out to read this. Recently Cydia has been crashing on launch. I first experienced this problem due to memory issues. In fact on the day the A5 untether came out within an hour Cydia had crashed so you could say I'm an expert at breaking things. However I also like to consider myself an expert at fixing things so I immediately checked crash reporter and there was no know conflicts and set the user for permissions correctly in sbsettings so it's not a permissions error. I've tried safe mode and still te same crash so it's not a mobile substrate Dylib conflicting either. Some help trying to fix this would b helpful please?

I have access to ifile and mobile terminal for any debugging you would like me to perform...

Thanks in Advance,

Aidan Harris

By the way I have an iPhone 4S so please don't suggest restoring/upgrading as that is not an option for me. I'm staying on 5.0.1 with or without Cydia since I have icy installed...
    Last edited by aidanharris; 03-12-2012 at 03:12 AM.

If it were me trying to fix it,,I think I'd try running the jailbreak again and uncheck the Cydia box.Maybe one day iFaith will update to allow you to save the APtickets,

Quote Originally Posted by vtails View Post
    If it were me trying to fix it,,I think I'd try running the jailbreak again and uncheck the Cydia box.Maybe one day iFaith will update to allow you to save the APtickets,
    Thanks for the reply although I honestly thought I'd get better support from such a big repo. Fixed with the help of others from an unmentionable "pirate" site. I installed the latest Cydia deb with ifile and then respring and Cydia didn't crash anymore but I do think jailbreaks should come with a "reset Cydia" option in settings. So if any developers are up for a challenge go for it and make it yours!