Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPhone 3G JailBreaking/Unlock

Default IPhone 3G JailBreaking/Unlock
    Ive recently updated my IPhone 3G to the Ipad baseband 06.15.00 and software version 4.2.1 and had the phone jailbroken and unlocked using ultrasn0w but the phone feels slow for example

1) After using the slider to unlock screen it hangs for few seconds
    2) Selecting an app sometimes causes iphone to hang for few seconds

i dont know if its just what happens after being jailbroken and unlocked or could these simple issues be fixed with a software update or different baseband ect im unsure at this moment

just a question will my iphone 3g be ok if it was updated to o/s 5 and would it be running smoother?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Susty's Avatar
    Thanks

The 3G can't use ios 5. 4.2.1 is the highest it goes to

my mate was telling me he could get the o/s 5. on my iphone is this not possible at all? (cracked ect?)

if it simply isnt possible to have the o/s 5.x on the 3g is there any reason after jailbreaking and unlocking why the 3G seems slow opening apps or accessing an app after ive unlocked homescreen?
    Last edited by Keung2k; 03-11-2012 at 03:53 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Susty's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Keung2k View Post
    my mate was telling me he could get the o/s 5. on my iphone is this not possible at all? (cracked ect?)

if it simply isnt possible to have the o/s 5.x on the 3g is there any reason after jailbreaking and unlocking why the 3G seems slow opening apps or accessing an app after ive unlocked homescreen?
    On a 3G?? Nope, not possible.. There's no "crack". What your mate is probably thinking of is Whited00r, which is a modded version of ios4 made to LOOK like ios5.

As for it seeming to be slow, did you update it from another version?

Quote Originally Posted by Susty View Post
    On a 3G?? Nope, not possible.. There's no "crack". What your mate is probably thinking of is Whited00r, which is a modded version of ios4 made to LOOK like ios5.

As for it seeming to be slow, did you update it from another version?
    i updated the software from itunes but the baseband was updated using redsnow and unlocked using ultrasn0w

does this help at all if not can u give me the idiot version of what u meant

Thanks

Yeah 4 will slow the 3G down a bit...try turning off spotlight search for all items in settings...that may help a bit...u can also keep some processes from starting and the will keep some ram free...google that one for details..