Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stolen iPhone 4S

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Stolen iPhone 4S
    A friend of mine got their iPhone 4S stolen. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to load any security measures (Find My iPhone, IGotYa) before they started to use it.

If the phone is still using iMessage from my friend's name, is there anything else I can do? No tracking? The person is using iMessage and sending messages FROM my friend's iMessage account to people. Also, the person installed voxer and updated his picture to the voxer. I now have a picture of the person who stole it. But my friend's name still shows up on my voxer. I'm going to try to e-mail voxer and see if they can do anything, or at least delete the voxer account.

Is my friend pretty much SOL?

PS: We do have the serial number & receipt too.
    Nothing beats the iPhone.

Have you tried find my iPhone on
    iCloud.com

Thanks
    Thanked 9,923 Times in 6,058 Posts

He should also call his cell carrier and have the imei blocked so it can not be used at least.

There is nothing that can be done I am afraid. IF it was stolen then file a police report, then let them have at it. I am sure the new owner will simply do a restore and be done with it. IMEI blocking is iffy at best. The new owner can say he/she bought it and the carrier might just allow it OR its a simple matter of selling it on line to say Canada or the EU where the blacklist would not apply. IMEI blocking will work only with a police report.

Good luck!

Yep just take the picture and info you have an report it to police. Load up imessages on your computer and grab some of his messages to see if you can get some numbers of people he is texting (if you have a mac). Or is he texting your friends contacts?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

Rockjock (03-09-2012)