+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS stuck in recovery mode - cant restore iTunes error (-1)

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi. I have a 3GS which has not been jailbroken. I have just had an upgrade to the 4s and wanted to sell my phone. I have a buyer but
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy 3GS stuck in recovery mode - cant restore iTunes error (-1)
    Hi.
    I have a 3GS which has not been jailbroken.

I have just had an upgrade to the 4s and wanted to sell my phone. I have a buyer but they needed the phone unlocking as they are on a different network.

I used the option on the phone to delete data and reset the settings on the phone. I then gave the phone to a guy at work who said that he could unlock it. I have no idea what he has done to the phone but he gave it me back saying that he couldn't do it......it is now stuck in recovery...apple icon and then connect to iTunes logo.

When I try to do a restore on it it goes through the whole process but then gives an error message stating that it could not restore, unexpected error occurred (-1). I have also tried to restore in DFU mode but get the same error. I'm really not very technical and have no idea what to do now?? I have tried to google the error to see what to do but can't seem to find anything that referrs to the (-1). I have also tried using different usb ports on my laptop and i have made sure that i have the most recent version of itunes. I Would really appreciate any help / advice anyone can give as I am really at loss what to do.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You probably have one of the new 3GS. Which iPad baseband would cause it to have no baseband at all.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks....what do I do with it? Sorry to sound so dumb but I really don't have a clue.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Nothin you can really do lol sell it for parts !

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok.....I have checked and the phone is not a new 3gs and they guy who was trying to unlock it has said that he didn't get as far as the baseband bit. Now I'm more confused than ever!!! Any ideas anyone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Have u try DFU mode and just restore?