Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: not your standard 'can't get into dfu/restore' thread! Please help

Default not your standard 'can't get into dfu/restore' thread! Please help
    Hi all, last night I was beaten by an iPhone 4 problem for the first time. (The phone has never been Jailbroken or unlocked)

When not plugged in, screen is black

When plugged into PC (which doesn't recognise it) it is a continual startup loop showing the apple logo for 15 secs or so then turning off and repeating.

When plugged into the mains it displays either emergency calls only or connect to itunes logo. As soon as you disconnect it (also tried whilst holding different buttons) the screen goes dead again.

In none of these states is it possible to push and hold home and sleep/wake to force it off, or put it into DFU or restore mode. Once in device manager on PC I saw unknown device listed under USB, but now it displays nothing/makes no noise/adds no new hardware. I have also tried on multiple PC's.

I'm worried it's a hardware fauly instead of software but any help would be much appreciated.

nevermind then. Beaten. Had to get a new phone.

Thanks

Sounded like HW issue...did apple replace it?

no it was out of warranty, it was a friends phone so not sure but I think the apple store did some kind of reduced upgrade rate for her

Thanks

Bummer...but good they helped on price!