+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cracking Textfree Protocol

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi. My goal is to hook the Textfree service up to a more reliable and faster GUI, as the official one is crap. I am trying to figure out how
    Thanks

Default Cracking Textfree Protocol
    Hi. My goal is to hook the Textfree service up to a more reliable and faster GUI, as the official one is crap. I am trying to figure out how the texting service works. I know it works by sending an email to [email protected] etc, but I need to know how it sends the email. I'm not sure if it's by IMAP, POP, or whatever.

I've already figured out how calling works. In examining a few property list files, I found that it connects to the Pinger server by SIP, and the username and password is left unencrypted in the plist file. However, I wasn't able to find out how it texts from the plist.

I've tried using Paros, a proxy server, to figure out where it connects, however nothing shows up when you check for messages, recieve one, or send one. I know Paros works though, because connections through Safari show up. I don't know if that means that it doesn't use the HTTP protocol or what.

If someone that's familiar with the app or is interested in the same thing that I am could help, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks

anyone?