+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can you change the default weather app?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi, So I'm new to the jail breaking thing. I've got a few useful tools that I like, however, I'd like to change my default weather app to something other
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Can you change the default weather app?
    Hi,

So I'm new to the jail breaking thing. I've got a few useful tools that I like, however, I'd like to change my default weather app to something other than Yahoo.

Is there a way to do this rather easily? I'd like to hit the Weather icon and have Weather+, or Accuweather, or something else come up instead.

I did a search for "change default weather app" but all I got was several themes....

Thanks!

Thanks

There is a Tweak in Cydia called OpenOther+

It lets you assign different apps to different icons. It's like a shortcut thing, or an "app forwarding" so to speak.

Basically it does exactly what you want. You can set it so that when you tap the weather icon it will open Weather+ or Accuweather, whatever it is you set it too.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks Goof! Much appreciated....Will download that this evening and give it a shot.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well, i tried using it - but I don't think it's for anything higher that iOS4. I have downloaded it from 2 sources and neither one works....Sucks, cause it looks like it does exactly what I'd like it to do....