+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Urgent help please iphone 4 jailbroken is stuck on boot logo

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I jailbroke my iphone 4 last year last night i updated photoalbum plus via cydia and also updated everything else it picked up i then used my phone for a
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation Urgent help please iphone 4 jailbroken is stuck on boot logo
    I jailbroke my iphone 4 last year last night i updated photoalbum plus via cydia and also updated everything else it picked up i then used my phone for a little while and turned it off as low batter.

It now will not come on its stuck at the appleboot logo mine is the apple sign with the raibow colours that appear slowly it does all of that with the white things spinning around and then it turns off and does the same again iv tried evryhting

i have just come back from a very special family holiday and have loads of data especially pics tht i dont want to loose please some one help!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone xtrememan's Avatar
    Thanks

try a just boot on redsn0w

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xtrememan View Post
    try a just boot on redsn0w
    Try that and if the issue persists try using TinyUmbrella.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lockstock View Post
    Try that and if the issue persists try using TinyUmbrella.

thanks hpwever i have no idea how to do either of these is it easy<< as it was someone else who jailbroke it for me ....also i just dont care about loosing other data except my photos .Many thanks

thanks how do i do this also lol i am rubbish at these sort of things.....and i wont lose photos will i ?
    Last edited by sameera.ussman27; 03-03-2012 at 08:42 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sameera.ussman27 View Post
    thanks hpwever i have no idea how to do either of these is it easy<< as it was someone else who jailbroke it for me ....also i just dont care about loosing other data except my photos .Many thanks
    what version of iOS is CURRENTLY installed?

If you have iOS 4.3.3 here's a guide to redsn0w from our website: HOW TO: Use Redsn0w 0.9.6rc15 To Untethered Jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 [Mac & Windows ] | FSMdotCOM

If you are on iOS 5/5.0.1 then try this for a little bit of insight: Redsn0w Updated To v0.9.10b5 | FSMdotCOM

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

4.21 i think im not sure i got my phone last feb if that helps not done anything to it excvept the jail break a week after i got it

Thanks

that means its probably using a tethered jailbreak. try this: HOW TO: Boot Your Tethered Jailbroken iPhone/iPod Touch Running iOS 4.2.1 [Windows] | FSMdotCOM

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok i will try this will this thank you so much ...will i loose anything?????

Thanks

once you have booted the device up, backup in itunes. That way you'll be ok when/if your problem reoccurs.

nope. all your data should remain on the device as it's just allowing the tethered device to boot up. make sure you backup in itunes straight after the device has booted though

oh and don't for get to click the 'Thanks'/thumbs up button to the bottom-left of any of my comments if they helped
    Last edited by J-Hackstar; 03-03-2012 at 09:03 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to J-Hackstar For This Useful Post:

sameera.ussman27 (03-03-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thank you very much im just downloading the firmware now fingers crossed i can follow the instructions nd it works.

once you have booted the device up, backup in itunes. That way you'll be ok when/if your problem reoccurs.

nope. all your data should remain on the device as it's just allowing the tethered device to boot up. make sure you backup in itunes straight after the device has booted though

oh and don't for get to click the 'Thanks'/thumbs up button to the bottom-left of any of my comments if they helped

i cant seem to find the version of redsnow the page is asking me to download ??? does it have to be that one
    Last edited by sameera.ussman27; 03-03-2012 at 10:09 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

so i tried this first my it said could not do df mode ect tried again and then my laptop installed the driver, then in itunes it says deteceted iphone but must restore so i did not want this as i dnt want to wipe photos so i took it out when i close i tunes and plugged it back in it started to say jalbreaking so i pulled it out in seconds before it did anything

i have no clue what to do now as iv plugged it in the charger no i have nothing no boot sign no start up just dead ??

Thanks

Thats because it's still in DFU mode. You must ignore iTunes. In fact just shut iTunes down for now. Follow the guide instead

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thats because it's still in DFU mode. You must ignore iTunes. In fact just shut iTunes down for now. Follow the guide instead
    thanks for the reply....i am back to sqaure one with the boot logo and spinning wheel. eventually the battry dies and it starts over when plugged in.

i am not sure what to do now how do i know its in dfu mode or not now itunes does not find it all all. and the guide doesnt go any further then step 7

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

so i am still getting the screen on itunes that says restore and no other options i also thibk my jailbreak was untheretherd does that make any differeence ?

iPhone? More like MyPhone xtrememan's Avatar
    Thanks

did you try the just boot yet?????? that should get your phone ON at least. once that works tell me

Redsn0w

this is the redsn0w page download

download the last one, either mac or pc. i think the newest one is 5
    Last edited by xtrememan; 03-03-2012 at 06:46 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xtrememan View Post
    did you try the just boot yet?????? that should get your phone ON at least. once that works tell me

Redsn0w

this is the redsn0w page download

download the last one, either mac or pc. i think the newest one is 5

i tried the link above for the 4.2.1 all the way through but a diff verson of redsnow wmaybe thats why it wont work ?? \

i know have the redsnow you advised and my firmware downloadwd i basicall yneed step by step instructions as i am so confused now i just want my photos the last stage i got to last night was itunes recognised it but only for restore i dont want that

i also dont knw how to use tiny umbrella if that would do it

also at one point last night my screen showed this

Enter & Exit iPhone Recovery Mode the picutre in the link of itunes thingy my phone is currently off and on charge no apple boot logo or spinny thing

i would be very grateful for step by step instructions on how to solve it without loosing photos .

manythanks
    Last edited by sameera.ussman27; 03-04-2012 at 02:29 AM.