Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Recover videos from iphone 3gs cydia installed?

Question Recover videos from iphone 3gs cydia installed?
    I am a new user to this website so please forgive me if I am not posting this in the proper forum.

I have had my 3GS for a year so I am 100% percent confident how to sync with Itunes as usual.
    I plug everything in..do sync..unplug and find ALL of my videos are gone but all photos are there.
    I have NO idea why this happened or how to remedy it without spending 3 months of rent for data
    recovery from a professional company. I have tried everything I know how to do to recover data.

NO LUCK :*( OS 5.0.1 installed

Can anyone please tell me how I can recover my precious videos of my children? Every data recovery company I have contacted want between $400 - $1,400 to even attempt to find the videos with no guarantee. Can anyone tell me how I can do this myself? I have Win 7 64bit,jailbroken, with Cydia installed.

I am heartbroken over the loss of my precious videos

Thanks

Maybe they r in iCloud?...just a thought...I only had 5.0.1 for a week or so and didn't use icloud so I don't know how to use it...but I wouldn't think they would just disappear...

Thanks

Check iCloud. All you have to do is go to Settings>iCloud>Photo Stream>turn on. Once you have done that, wait for a while so that your device has a chance to download the possibly large videos. After about 10 minutes check your camera roll in the Photos app. If they are not there, check the Photo Stream section under the camera roll in the Photos app.
    If this still doesn't resolv the issue then you should jailbreak, download ifile or ssh into your device. Go to; /var/mobile/media/DCIM/ then check through the two or three folders there for your videos. More often than not, videos and photos are lost on an iOS5.x device. I've heard MANY people complain about this issue and similar issues to it.
    good luck is all i can say

Since you have sync try using iphonebackupbrowser to look at back ups from itunes & check the system part & look for /Media/DCIM/100APPLE/IMG_****.JPG/.MOV & select all & click the export button on toolbar & it will export them to the temp file on C drive.

Actually, you can recover lost videos of iPhone 4S in 2 different ways:

If you have ever synced before you deleted video, you can scan and extract iTunes backup to recover videos from your iPhone 4S.

If you don't synced, you can directly scan and recover deleted videos from your iPhone 4S. However, you need the help of iPhone recovery tool, otherwise you will not be able to do.

I hope it can help you!