Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to restore with broken charge port!

Default How to restore with broken charge port!
    So I can get a replacement phone through Verizon, but I have mine JB and the charge port doesnt work, is there any way to factory restore while getting rid of the jailbreak?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sellbars's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Countcoyote View Post
    So I can get a replacement phone through Verizon, but I have mine JB and the charge port doesnt work, is there any way to factory restore while getting rid of the jailbreak?
    There is one way that may help you if you can access your Settings app.

Make sure you back up your iPhone if you want to keep your settings and other data.

1. Open Settings.
    2. Tap General.
    3. Tap Reset.
    4. Tap Erase All Contents and Settings.
    5. After confirming and putting in your passcode (if you have any), wait for the iPhone to finish erasing all media and settings.
    6. Complete Setup (if you have a backup of your iPhone from either the computer or iCloud, you may choose to import it here).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sellbars For This Useful Post:

Countcoyote (03-04-2012)

Hello, and thanks for your response. I did do this but it's been doing it for a long, long time, heard some people have done it for 15 hours before and it still not be finished. I took and before I started, I uninstalled all apps and also deleted all media. I figured that would help but it's been maybe 14 hours for me.

The new phone from Verizon will be here Tuesday, and I gotta send this one back. I somehow knew I should have just bought the tools and dock and fixed it myself.

Would maybe using the find my phone to remotely wipe it work? would that do the same or just media?

Got a quick question, I know if you delete some items inside ifile it can screw up the phone so it will not even boot, Does anyone know which files might do this. If I can get it to where it won't even boot then maybe Verizon will have to replace the dock connecter first then do a restore and wa-la it'll be unjailbroken via them?

Whatcha think?
    Last edited by Countcoyote; 03-04-2012 at 02:08 PM.

Erase all content and settings does not work properly on a jailbroken device. It just gets stuck at the spinning wheel forever
    (null)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to expl0itfinder For This Useful Post:

Countcoyote (03-04-2012)