Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: RESTORE FROM 6.15.00 but no SHSH blobs saved, what are my options??

Question RESTORE FROM 6.15.00 but no SHSH blobs saved, what are my options??
    It's a 3GS which i bought 3nd hand a year ago on 5.15.04 and needed a network unlock.
    My only option at the time was to upgrade to 6.15.00.
    All was going ok until it slipped into RECOVERY mode for no apparent reason and so after much forum consulting, i tried tried myself to resolve the matter, but I'm falling at the last hurdle...!!

I've used snowbreeze 2.2.1 and when it asks for the IPSW i enter this one which i'd downloaded (i'd read that i should avoid the ipad baseband): iPhone2,1_4.2.1_8C148a_Restore

The custom FW it produced is: sn0wbreeze_iPhone 3GS-4.2.1a

I used REDsnow to put it in pwnd DFU mode and then TU to resolve the Error (3194) that was popoing up when i tried to restore in Itunes.

Now I'm stuck on an Error (2005) but even if i manage to resolve that (so far I've reinstalled Itunes, changed USB ports and changed cables but to no avail) I HAVE NEVER SAVED MY SHSH BLOBS!!!

Does this mean that i can't downgrade???
    When i use TU, no blobs are saved, i guess as it's in restore mode?

Any advice would be really appreciated!!

Allan.

Is there anybody out there with a bit of advice?
    I'm really stuck!!
    Thanks...

I had this same issue with a used iPhone 3GS that was unlocked to a newer baseband for Simple Mobile. I read and read about this "no service" fight and eventually downloaded the ISPW file for iOS 5 and installed it under "extras" when Jailbreaking. It still READS 6.15.00 but after that it picked up on the AT&T sim and worked perfectly.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Susty's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by S11DJ View Post
    Is there anybody out there with a bit of advice?
    I'm really stuck!!
    Thanks...
    Use TU to point at Cydia servers instead of apple ones, Cydia cache them for the purpose of being able to downgrade.