+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lost Functionality in Photos App

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Not sure if this is in the right forum, but it seemed the most appropriate. For some stupid reason, Apple decided to remove the arrows to navigate between photos, making
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Lost Functionality in Photos App
    Not sure if this is in the right forum, but it seemed the most appropriate.

For some stupid reason, Apple decided to remove the arrows to navigate between photos, making it impossible now to compare similar photos to pick out the better one to keep, such as after taking an hdr photo. They also removed the ability to select multiple photos at a time, making deleting en masse slightly more annoying. And with apple making the app without a select all feature, its even more difficult.

Is there a way to get these features back? Some hack in cydia i can download? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Why don't you just swap left and right with a swipe gesture?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

As I said in the original post, the swiping animation is entirely impractical and makes it near impossible to compare pictures. You cannot easily see the differences between an HDR photo and the original, or the differences from screenshots you took. Why in the world would they remove the navigation arrows? How stupid!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Iambob View Post
    Not sure if this is in the right forum, but it seemed the most appropriate.

For some stupid reason, Apple decided to remove the arrows to navigate between photos, making it impossible now to compare similar photos to pick out the better one to keep, such as after taking an hdr photo. They also removed the ability to select multiple photos at a time, making deleting en masse slightly more annoying. And with apple making the app without a select all feature, its even more difficult.

Is there a way to get these features back? Some hack in cydia i can download? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I find the swiping very useful and have no problems comparing pics. Also note if you read the original post theres no mention of swiping as far as i see.

Tip for you regarding deletion- for deleting multiple pics go into the album, hit the arrow button and this will let you select multiple pics for deletion etc
    Last edited by docmagoo2; 03-10-2012 at 12:40 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Oh, sorry. I didn't notice; I thought I had mentioned it originally. Either way, the swiping may be fine for you, but it is not for me.

When I mentioned selecting multiple photos at a time, I meant being able to place your finger on a photo in the select/delete mode, and while still holding your finger on the screen, drag your finger across multiple photos to select them all at once, without lifting your finger. You can't do that now.