+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Buy a 4S?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Ok, here is my question folks, buy a 4S and drop my jb 3GS or not? My wife has the 4S and the only reason I didnt upgrade was due
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Buy a 4S?
    Ok, here is my question folks, buy a 4S and drop my jb 3GS or not? My wife has the 4S and the only reason I didnt upgrade was due to no jb but now one is avail. I guess I'd like honest opinions on this subject as to what I'll really gain here? I honestly think siri is a joke really and I've seen "supposed" pictures of the iphone5 and it looks way too big for me. As in, I really dont want to lug that big thing around in an otterbox case. And yes, I need the otterbox case due to work and play. I've ruined every phone I have owned other than this one so I'll stick with this case.

Thanks for any and all info

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

i've had every iphone since 2007 (unlocked) with the exception of the 4S. perhaps one of the main reasons i didnt get the 4S is because there is no unlock except factory (i travel at least once a year out of the country). siri, 8mp camera and A5 processor is not really enough for me to want the 4S over the 4. so, im waiting for the 5.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I dont really do any travel out of the country so that is not an issue. As we all know, my camera sucks on the 3GS compared to the newer ones and with the iphone 5 rumored to be out late this year I'm really only looking at a 2 yr contract so its really like 1 yr in my opinion. Is it worth $200 and a 2 yr contract to upgrade from my Jailbroken 3GS? I'm really on the fence here and have a tax return burning a hole in my pocket! Ha Ha. I've considered the galaxy II as well but like the iphone platform.

EVO
    Thanks

no one here can really tell you if you should buy it or not, it is ultimately your decision...

however, we can give you some aspect on the 4S that will assist you on getting it if you choose.

I also had a 3gs and the camera was decent, world apart from the 8MP camera from the iphone 4s. I have a SONY 10MP camera, and my 4s takes better pictures then my camera does.

Also if you do plan on jailbreaking, the 4S is more then compliment the lag that older iphones will experience. There is also a DUAL CORE chip on the 4s, making it run twice as fast.

According to the article posted somewhere here, the new iphone supposedly will have A5x chip, so I dont think anything noticeable signifcant will come out of the new phone. And honestly if you want for the new one to come out, there probably wont be a jailbreak for it for a VERY LONG TIME, because they will patch up many of the vulnerabilities on the 4s.

Look at how long it took to jailbreak the 4s, so take your pick.

iPhone? More like MyPhone matthew1111's Avatar
    Thanks

I have the Sprint 4S and the duo core is VERY nice. I have 268 MB RAM free after deleting launch daemons, making for a speedy phone. The jailbreak is out, of course, and I believe the unlock is also available now. Whatever you'd like.
    That Thanks button is there for a reason!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the replies! I bought it today and just got home with it. Now its time to play with it!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 6thDAY View Post
    no one here can really tell you if you should buy it or not, it is ultimately your decision...

however, we can give you some aspect on the 4S that will assist you on getting it if you choose.

I also had a 3gs and the camera was decent, world apart from the 8MP camera from the iphone 4s. I have a SONY 10MP camera, and my 4s takes better pictures then my camera does.

Also if you do plan on jailbreaking, the 4S is more then compliment the lag that older iphones will experience. There is also a DUAL CORE chip on the 4s, making it run twice as fast.

According to the article posted somewhere here, the new iphone supposedly will have A5x chip, so I dont think anything noticeable signifcant will come out of the new phone. And honestly if you want for the new one to come out, there probably wont be a jailbreak for it for a VERY LONG TIME, because they will patch up many of the vulnerabilities on the 4s.

Look at how long it took to jailbreak the 4s, so take your pick.
    Dual core doesn't mean twice as fast, you will have enhanced speed esp on multitasking but to say twice as fast is inaccurate. See link below

http://m.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-dual-core-processor.htm

Personally I'm holding off until the iPhone 5 and sticking with my iPhone 4 for the mo. suits my needs .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by matthew1111 View Post
    I have the Sprint 4S and the duo core is VERY nice. I have 268 MB RAM free after deleting launch daemons, making for a speedy phone. The jailbreak is out, of course, and I believe the unlock is also available now. Whatever you'd like.
    I easily get that before deleting launch daemons on my i4... After deleting launch daemons I get a little over 300mb free