+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't figure out what is causing my messages app to crash...is there a way to tell?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
It just started doing it recently...usually if I try to hit the "back" button after sending a message it crashes but still sends the message. I tried uninstalling the last
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Can't figure out what is causing my messages app to crash...is there a way to tell?
    It just started doing it recently...usually if I try to hit the "back" button after sending a message it crashes but still sends the message. I tried uninstalling the last tweak but that didn't work. Barring something drastic like restoring the phone is it possible to tell what specific app/tweak is causing the problem?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

In case you were wondering, I think it was the app Swipe Shift Caret. I never suspected it because it didn't start until well after I installed the tweak. But last night I got an upgrade "warning" in Cydia and the log notes for Swipe Shift Caret said "fixes crashes when sending SMS". So I'm guessing that was the issue.