Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: need help with Fixing freezing on boot. almost there!!

hello there guys, this is my first post on this website so hopefully someone will help me out.
    so heres the story
    earlier today everything was working fine as usual. i opened cydia and then updated some packages or sources or something. next thing i know whenever my iphone boots it freezes after about maybe say 8 seconds once it has booted.
    i usually have 3 seconds of iphone use after it has been unlocked.

luckily for me tho...
    -my computer picks it up as if it has nothing wrong with it
    -if im quick enough i can open sbsettings and boot into safe mode

these two things i would believe would give me a great advantage to restoring my iphone back to working condition, i really dont want to have to start fresh again however my iphone would probably run better.

backing up:
    i downloaded pkgbackup whilst in safe mode but when i click on 'all packages' it just crashes
    so i have used xbackup and then emailed myself the backup zip file.

hopefully someone here can guide me into fixing this issue,
    if i were to prepare for the worse is there a way i can back up my contacts and messages to my computer without using itunes... i absolutely hate itunes and i would rather have a solid file on my computer somewhere with that info on it.

thankyou in advance.
    Last edited by dz93; 02-16-2012 at 07:36 AM.

If u can get into sbsettings.go into it and switch off all mobile substrate add ons then switch on 1 at a time and do a process of elimination.only way 2 do it without restoring.dont use pckbackup as u will of backed up the offending tweak

thankyou for that reply.
    i probably should of informed everyone that i just rage quit and restored my phone.
    (there is a newer version of redsnow out anyway that is supposedly better than the original 5.0.1 JB)
    that actually sounds like a good solution.

thankyou anyway, appreciate it.