Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
02-04-2012, 12:47 PM #1Recover deleted photos and/or videos from Iphone4 that were not backed up to Itunes.
Seems like there's a way to recover deleted photos from the iphone that were not backed up to itunes. There are many many posts on how to do it but none seem to get you to successfully complete the task. All the ideas fall short at some point or other.
Here's the Question, Is it possible to pull and image off the Iphone 4, with IOS 5.0.1 and then use a utility to pull files out of the image?
What I've done so far:
1. Jailbroke the phone, that was pretty easy except you need to load the correct firmware file for your IOS Version (HOW TO: iPhone Data Recovery).
2. Loaded Mobile Terminal. That was weird because the Mobile Terminal doesn't work. You need a beta version to work with the Iphone 4. In Cydia you need to Manage > Sources > Edit > Add, xSellize after which you can load the beta version of Mobile Terminal. You'll see two versions and it won't be hard to see which one to load. You can figure it out!
3. I went to umount the drive but the umount command isnt loaded on the iphone so you need to go and get it. then push it to the iphone and then execute enable it.
4. umount the disk so you can mount it read only for imaging, doesn't work. see thread HOW TO: iPhone Data Recovery I tried all kinds of ways from all kinds of posts. No luck.
5. tried to "dd" and image many many different ways without umounting, no luck.
Is this for real? Can it be don't or are all of us who have tried this just waisting our time?
Who can really do this? please help.
Mac OSX Snow L, Iphone 4 with IOS 5.0.1.
12-19-2013, 07:55 PM #2
If you didn't back it up or extract it to your computer in between the time you created it and the time you deleted it, it is gone. Permanently. There is no "undo".
If you have the backup data then you can recover the deleted photos in iphone 4s.For recover deleted photos follow the below steps.
Steps to follow to recover the deleted photos in iphone 4S :
1. First of all turn on the iphone 4S.
2. After turn on locate the backup application where you got stored.
3. So,open it by double tap on it.
4. Now find and go to the photos folders.
5. Here select the photos which you want to recover.
6. After selecting tap the options and click the restore option.
7. After restore check the photos recovered or not in your iphone 4S.