+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4s + Wifi Tethering

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So now that the iPhone 4s has an untethered Jailbreak I'm seriously looking to jailbreak my phone but only for free Wifi Tethering I have a wifi only tablet(android) and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question iPhone 4s + Wifi Tethering
    So now that the iPhone 4s has an untethered Jailbreak I'm seriously looking to jailbreak my phone but only for free Wifi Tethering I have a wifi only tablet(android) and my Girlfriend has an iPhone with a Limited Data plan. I've done some googleing and seen PDAnet & Mywi are there any other apps that i should look into using? what is most stable? I don't want my phone crashing on me(had it happen in the past with jail-broken iPhone) What do you guys suggest?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I hear MyWi is one of the best. I would've said to buy TetherMe bc it's cheaper than MyWi but I've been having issues with TetherMe lately, connection-wise. No big deal, it just disconnects and won't reconnect unless I reboot. I tried MyWi on someone else's phone and ran into the same issue but that was on iOS 4 so I don't know if they fixed that for the iOS 5 version.

I haven't heard too many bad things about PDAnet though, so if I were new at this I would try PDAnet first. I think it's free. There's a "pro" version out that's paid for it as well so if you like the free one maybe upgrade or something for a small price.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Do they all have trials? Or free life versions that I can test out? Any one else have an input?

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

I agree with Annie I have mywi on my phone and love it. Free trial for a couple of days. But if ya buy it for twenty bucks. Then ya done never have to pay again

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What about tetherme? How well does that work? From what I read it just enables the native Wifi tether correct?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by upcboy View Post
    What about tetherme? How well does that work? From what I read it just enables the native Wifi tether correct?
    Yes. I've been using it for a long time and it works well.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Yeah TetherMe is good. I've been using it for a year now but like I said, recently I've been having connection issues with it. Don't know if it has to do with my Mac and Lion or what though.