+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS Carrier Unlock

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I just bought my new 4s (day of the JB LOL) and passed my 4 down to my wife, as I usually do. I have long-since fulfilled my 2 yr
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default 3GS Carrier Unlock
    I just bought my new 4s (day of the JB LOL) and passed my 4 down to my wife, as I usually do. I have long-since fulfilled my 2 yr obligation to AT&T on the 3GS she's now displaced.

I'd like to post it on eBay jailbroken AND carrier unlocked. I have long since passed the baseband that was unlockable because at the time (under contract with AT&T), I didn't have any reason to care.

Can I get this phone unlocked since the obligation is fulfilled and if so, what do I have to do to get this done or how do I do it?

Thanks!

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

Do you know the baseband on it?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

He's talking about factory unlock. Yes you can as iv done it before on my iPhone 4 from Vodafone UK. I merely asked them for the unlock and they actioned it free of charge and this was within contract. Assuming the US carriers would be similar, although there may well be a nominal fee, and the phone unlocks via iTunes (ie officially) rather that having to use hacks and tweaks! Give your carrier a shout, worst they can do is say no!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    He's talking about factory unlock. Yes you can as iv done it before on my iPhone 4 from Vodafone UK. I merely asked them for the unlock and they actioned it free of charge and this was within contract. Assuming the US carriers would be similar, although there may well be a nominal fee, and the phone unlocks via iTunes (ie officially) rather that having to use hacks and tweaks! Give your carrier a shout, worst they can do is say no!
    05.16.05 is the modem firmware rev.

Yea. I've heard AT&T wasn't so friendly about unlocking them willingly. As a matter of fact, I've read that there's actually a court case pending right now because AT&T will not unlock them period. That's kinda why I Was looking some advice.