Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Possible New Virus?

Question Possible New Virus?
    Hi,

My jailbroken iphone's 4 battery has steadily gotten worse and worse. It now takes about 8-9 hours with light use(i'm at work) to go from full to dead. Just now, writing the rest of this message, my usage went up 7 minutes although there's nothing running(closed everything) and i let the screen turn off.

Last night I decided to see what could be done and found the poc-bbot/ikee virus on the phone. But, there's another suspicious process running. Something called crunchy?

Anyone know what it is or how I can find it? Google hasn't been very helpful. All I can say about it is it instantaneously comes back when shut off, it's being ran by root and it's always ID: 1. The memory consumption is only about a mb but the priority seems to change around.

OS 4.3.3 by the way

Thank you.

why just upgrade to ios5.01 and jailbreak it?

Well.. I'm relying on gevey sim to allow my canadian phone to work in australia. I don't have my canadian sim card here to activate the phone. I've checked the option to skip that step before but my phone always had issues with that.

On top of it, my usual syncing pc is a desktop, also in polar bear land =], and I don't have a proper itunes backup from that computer.

So is there a way to see what the files are behind the process crunchy? Everything in /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/ seems to be apple legit..