+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Am I the only one who wants to decouple Siri from HandsFree?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So I really like my 4s, and generally consider my upgrade to have been worthwhile. I do find however that the utility of Siri is seriously diminished in my use
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Lightbulb Am I the only one who wants to decouple Siri from HandsFree?
    So I really like my 4s, and generally consider my upgrade to have been worthwhile. I do find however that the utility of Siri is seriously diminished in my use case, because of hands free. I find that one of the places I really want to use Siri is when I am in the car. The car is a modern luxury sedan, and has a pretty good hands free system. However, Siri is useless under these conditions. It consistently misunderstands what I say over the hands free system (This is Handfree profile, not A2DP). So I have to disable Bluetooth (because there is no simple way to disconnect a Bluetooth connection, another peeve of mine) in order to use Siri, which defects the purpose as far as I am concerned.

I wish someone would code a jailbreak tweak so I could optionally set Siri to not use the microphone over Bluetooth with certain Bluetooth devices when those devices are connected. This would still enable Siri to work with other handfree devices that might work better.

iPhone? More like MyPhone chriscoyne's Avatar
    Thanks

Easy. Settings > General > SIRI > Turn Off.
    If you find my Postings useful or interesting. Press the .... Thanks Button.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So I suppose that would work. my preference would be to actually be able to use SIRI however.