+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iMessage issues

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello I have been hammering at this issue for awhile now and I can't seem to find a solution for it. I gave y girlfriend my old iPhone 3GS and
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iChopPryde's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iMessage issues
    Hello I have been hammering at this issue for awhile now and I can't seem to find a solution for it.

I gave y girlfriend my old iPhone 3GS and I have the iPhone 4s both jailbroken and running on 5.0.1 firmware. Now I have a data plan and she does not, what I was hoping to do was when she was near a wifi connection it would auto detect and let her use iMessage an when she has no wifi connection go back to using normal text messaging.

I did some testing and when she is on wifi everything works great, when I turn wifi off her phone still wants to send me a message using iMessage and won't turn back to the green button. I am not sure why this is happening she has both a phone number and email attached to use iMessage. I'm really stumped on why it won't go back, even on my side o using he iPhone when she loses the wifi my phone will still show the blue button thinking I can send her an iMessage. Even if I delete the message and start a new one it will still be an iMessage and it will hang until he reconnects to wifi then she will receive the messages.

Once I turn iMessage off completely and reboot the phones it will show up as a normal text again.

Is it possible to have this as a method of texting for her to use iMessage when having wifi an just normal text when no wifi? Shoul my phone not detect her iMessage isn't connected?

Here are some pictures, thanks in advance for any help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iMessage issues-i2izk.jpg   iMessage issues-1xmoe.jpg   iMessage issues-ch0gf.jpg   iMessage issues-5phw1.jpg  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Not sure of any tweaks that would do that that I know of. Having an iPhone with no data plan will lead to big mess. As the iPhone tries to get data at random moments all the time.

Why not just use text all the time in the first place. Like turn off her imessages completely since she has no data.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,876 Times in 2,215 Posts

+1
    stuff gets all janky when you don't have a data plan
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

iPhone? More like MyPhone iChopPryde's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    Not sure of any tweaks that would do that that I know of. Having an iPhone with no data plan will lead to big mess. As the iPhone tries to get data at random moments all the time.

Why not just use text all the time in the first place. Like turn off her imessages completely since she has no data.
    That's what I did I turned it off but was hoping there was a solution to get it to work this way.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

But why though. If she is ok on text plan then why bother with iMessages if she doesn't have data? Just curious to why even have it on in the first place unless she has low text plan.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Susty's Avatar
    Thanks

Two ways around it... You either have to create a new message again (iMessage won't try to kick in if it can't detect wifi), or the one I personally like to use, as you send the message, click & hold on the bubble as it's sending (it'll be blue as it's iMessage), you then get an option to "send as text message" & the bubble will now change to green. That way you don't need to disable anything. Hope that helps.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I find iMessage do unreliable. I ultimately get two copies sent or received. One blue and one green. Iv just disabled it and am using SMS which is tried tested and works.