+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iCloud sucks.

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So I thought it was awesome until I go to restore my phone and my 1,190 pictures aren't there and don't apparently exist anymore. like what the ****? Is there
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default iCloud sucks.
    So I thought it was awesome until I go to restore my phone and my 1,190 pictures aren't there and don't apparently exist anymore. like what the ****? Is there anyway to get these back? I have 2 restores on there and apparently all the other ones are deleted?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Always good to have photos backed up on the actual PC. But I am not sure how to get photos back. Do you still have a backup pre-iCloud on your computer?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,694 Times in 838 Posts

Did you back up your pics to iCloud? Sign into iCloud.com to see if they're there. If not you're out of luck

iCloud doesn't back up all your existing photos, only ones that were taken after iCloud was installed/ signed up. And you can't remove individual images, either. sigh*

My mom just lost a ton of photos the same way. iCloud works, but its functionality is extremely limited. I agree that it sucks - I turned it off on all devices now. That and iTunes wifi sync. What a crappy program.

Green Apple
    Thanks

There's nothing like an old-fashion backup (maybe burn to a DVD) especially with important documents!

I never backup my stuff online!