Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4S sound issues :/

Default iPhone 4S sound issues :/
    Hey guys i am really seeking help for this problem. I got a BRAND NEW unlocked iPhone 4S 16gb white directly from apple yesterday. As soon as i got it i jailbroke it and i noticed everytime i would use hold the home button for siri then hold it down again to cancel and press the lock button my lockscreen sound would be really loud, but normally my sound is very low on my iphone after holding the home button for siri then canceling the keyboard clicks would be significantly louder in sound aswell. Normally my iphone no matter what level of volume it is on its very low unless i do the siri trick and it only works for about a couple of seconds.. I restored my phone and it is still giving the problems so i can rule out the jailbreak is causing it… Anyone else experiencing this problem or noticed it? Please help!

Thanks,
    Steven

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

If you restored and it still does it, take it to Apple. Could be a hardware issue. The only other thing I'd think to do before taking it to Apple is to restore and set up as new rather than restoring from a backup. If you've already done that, well your warranty is still valid as long as you bring in a non-jailbroken device to Apple.

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    If you restored and it still does it, take it to Apple. Could be a hardware issue. The only other thing I'd think to do before taking it to Apple is to restore and set up as new rather than restoring from a backup. If you've already done that, well your warranty is still valid as long as you bring in a non-jailbroken device to Apple.
    This is quite ridiculous man, its a day old. -__- i gotta make a trip to the apple store, i restored it several times.. the volume only boosts for 15 seconds after i click on siri..

Thanks

Yeah you know sometimes faulty hardware happens. It sucks but that's what the warranty is for, to replace manufacturer defects. I mean I would want to think it could be something you installed from Cydia, but from the sound of it it isn't bc you restored and tried it and it doesn't work right with factory settings. So I definitely think its faulty hardware, like something isn't wired right.

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Yeah you know sometimes faulty hardware happens. It sucks but that's what the warranty is for, to replace manufacturer defects. I mean I would want to think it could be something you installed from Cydia, but from the sound of it it isn't bc you restored and tried it and it doesn't work right with factory settings. So I definitely think its faulty hardware, like something isn't wired right.
    Thanks for your help bro, and yes i have restored it many times and set it up as a new phone even. Same problem. Guess its either a defect or a bug. Haven't read about anyone else experiencing the problem but oh well. I'm gonna take a trip to the apple store tomorrow. I appreciate your help and your time for replying. Thanks again.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Iannie is a she not a he just a heads up

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Iannie is a she not a he just a heads up
    Haha thanks, my mistake. This is why assumptions only go so far.

Thanks

it's ok it happens occasionally. It's hard to fathom that a girl has such an interest in iPhones as much as boys do lol. Only a few of us girls are mods here.

But yeah let us know how it goes. Chances are they're going to give you another phone. Do it quick before Apple throws another update and patches the jb for A5 devices!

I have this same issue. It's only happened about 8 times in two months though, so not too big of a deal.