+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Folder background image suddenly downscaled? (4S / Absinthe jailbreak)

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi, I jailbroke my 4S last night, and haven't really encountered any issues (minus music being deleted), except for the grey backgrounds of all the folders and multitask bar. It
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Folder background image suddenly downscaled? (4S / Absinthe jailbreak)
    Hi,

I jailbroke my 4S last night, and haven't really encountered any issues (minus music being deleted), except for the grey backgrounds of all the folders and multitask bar.

It looks like the image was shrunk down to 1/4 the size. I've seen other people's issues with apps being shrunken to 1/4 of the screen, but this is centered in the middle and doesn't affect performance. I've been trying to attach a screencap but haven't been able to upload it on 2 computers.

I tried the solutions people used for the app shrinking (safe mode -> reset for instance), but this doesn't seem to go away. I also tried to force new background images through a top-layer theme (640x960), and while that did update the image, it was still scaled down, centered in the frame of the folder.

Does anyone have any other ideas? I know it would help with a picture... maybe it'll work later. Thanks in advance!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Nevermind, I figured it out.

If anyone else has this problem, there are 2 sets of caches that need to be deleted.

1) /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/

There are 4 files, "com.apple.SpringBoard.folderSwitcherLinen.x", x is 0 to 4

2) /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.springboard.sharedimagecache/Persistent

I'm not sure which of these are necessary to delete, I got rid of SBDockBG, both WallpaperIcons and FolderIconBG

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jwald For This Useful Post:

DC_Dave (07-26-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I also had this problem. I tried deleting these folders and it did not work for me..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM IN BOTH the folder & multitasking bar.
    Easy fix...go to cydia and search "Abstract folder & multitasking theme" install.
    Then go to winterboard and select the theme and respiring.....your welcome god. Any other question just ask......

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbydigi413 View Post
    I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM IN BOTH the folder & multitasking bar.
    Easy fix...go to cydia and search "Abstract folder & multitasking theme" install.
    Then go to winterboard and select the theme and respiring.....your welcome god. Any other question just ask......
    I did this also, no changes, I erased the cache, also, no changes, if somebody knows something else I can do, will appreciate it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gabrielcolodro View Post
    I did this also, no changes, I erased the cache, also, no changes, if somebody knows something else I can do, will appreciate it
    been trying for 3 days straight to sort this, ive tried replacing all wallpapers and all hints listed above, even resorted to deleting the files and still hasnt fixed or replaced!!!!

found a fix - go to cydia and install "fsWipeCache" it will wipe the background settings leaving you to fix/install/create a new one - best to download one for winterboard "abstract folder and multitasking background" then edit it to suit you style
    Last edited by MavriK316; 06-09-2012 at 03:24 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Any solutions yet? It seems some methods are working for people and are not working for others. I've tried clearing cache manually, using iwipecache, fswipecache. It just happened out of the blue. Don't know what caused it, but ive already seen people restore and have the problem come back. Help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Frostbite suggested in another thread it might be the app Facebook This! It worked from me when I uninstalled...

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jwald View Post
    Nevermind, I figured it out.

If anyone else has this problem, there are 2 sets of caches that need to be deleted.

1) /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/

There are 4 files, "com.apple.SpringBoard.folderSwitcherLinen.x", x is 0 to 4

2) /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.springboard.sharedimagecache/Persistent

I'm not sure which of these are necessary to delete, I got rid of SBDockBG, both WallpaperIcons and FolderIconBG
    Worked great thanks. I had to boot up holding the volume + button first, then delete the files you listed, next power off and then back on while the volume + button was held in again. Once the folder and multitasking backgrounds were ok, then reboot as normal. I think the problem started after resetting all settings.

Thanks

im pretty sure I noticed this when I installed facebookthis.. but I since restored my phone and haven't reinstalled..... but the problem is still here. I've tried every method in this topic..

Thanks

Mine is ok at the moment, but as 3 people suggest FacebookThis, I will remove it, mine started after doing a reset all settings (with FacebookThis installed), now you have FacebookThis removed, you could try a reset all settings and then the sequence in post #9, which is the order I did.
    Also check IconSupport is upto date, it had memory leak issues at a similar time to when these issues started for me.
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 08-15-2012 at 12:23 AM.

Thanks

Maybe you have some non compatible iOS5 tweaks like Auto Location? Worth checking what you have in Cydia.

Thanks

idk I didn't just remove facebookthis, I did a total restore, rejailbroke and didn't install it. and all my tweaks are ios5 compatible. I'll try reset all settings. what's that do exactly? I guess just resets every preference or does it delete things like shortcuts I've created, ringtones etc?

Thanks

Hi, reset all settings puts wallpaper, sounds, iOS preferences back to factory, you won't loose your ringtones, but you will have to reselect them. All wifi passwords are lost, but you wont loose any app data or saves.

Thanks

okay figured it out. ios6 photos menu was the culprit. its the Facebookthis tweak and/or iOS 6 Photos Menu or any tweak from NobitaZZZ that causes it. remove and use icleaner and you're set. thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Dave View Post
    Worked great thanks. I had to boot up holding the volume + button first, then delete the files you listed, next power off and then back on while the volume + button was held in again. Once the folder and multitasking backgrounds were ok, then reboot as normal. I think the problem started after resetting all settings.
    Which volume button do I hold down?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gking19 View Post
    Which volume button do I hold down?
    The volume + (volume up)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks, the solution you posted earlier worked like a charm!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by patoons View Post
    okay figured it out. ios6 photos menu was the culprit. its the Facebookthis tweak and/or iOS 6 Photos Menu or any tweak from NobitaZZZ that causes it. remove and use icleaner and you're set. thanks.
    PERFECT solution: Removed iOS 6 Photos Menu from Cydia > Installed iCleaner from Cydia > Clicked "clean" inside of the iCleaner app > Resprung iPhone. MAGIC Many thanks, patoons!