+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: All Apple Haters should sell their Iphones

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I see so much hatting going on about Apple. Without Apple we would be all playing with crap phones that don't do 1/100 as much. They raised the bar Sony
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default All Apple Haters should sell their Iphones
    I see so much hatting going on about Apple. Without Apple we would be all playing with crap phones that don't do 1/100 as much. They raised the bar Sony and Nokia are making better products because of Apple. So seriously get rid of your Iphone or realize APPLE ROCKS!!!!

Does anyone disagree???

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

yea iphone ftmfw
     Think Different

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

AMEN bro,

apple news is good news... ( but the best part is you don't have to like it.. and it still is good news)
    Mac is a way of life... my way of life.

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Someguy2054 View Post
    AMEN bro,

apple news is good news... ( but the best part is you don't have to like it.. and it still is good news)
    AMEN
     Think Different

Green Apple
    Thanks

I do. Personally I am getting one but I can see both sides of the coins. Feel free to critique the points Im gonna bring up. First up the Anti Apple Side:

-Apple overcharges for their products
    You can disagree with me or not BUT you cant deny that Apple products are WAY more expensive than products that do what it does and more. Apple is pretty much a fashion thing. The shuffle is priced now at the same price as other MP3 players but lack a screen which almost ALL other MP3 players have them

-Iphone isn't innovative.
    Sure it has a multi touch screen and its open interface BUT so does the HTC Touch has a touch screen and its on other cellphones out there. MS based phones also have open interface but not to the extent of Apple and they are shutting that out

-Iphone is under powered
    There are some cell phones that are coming out also with a 8 GB flash drive and MUCH more functions. Look at the W960 and the N95 8 GB Model. Apple is not raising the bar much except maybe offering a more pretty cellphone

The Pro Apple Side

-They are awesome products
    I have to admit they do offer pretty products are a joy to play with

-Innovative in a sense
    They are the first to offer a phone screen that big with that much color and its a joy to use

See there is a lot more reasons to hate Apple than to love them. They haven't done much in terms of innovation than to offer more attractive devices. I think that is the MAIN reason why people buy Apple products. They are MUCH more attractive than other products. In terms of function, they offer nothing more than what other devices have at sometimes half the price. Besides saying that, Im a sucker for attractive products and that is the reason why I am getting one along with me being the only one among my friends with one.

Oh, Apple does have one thing, their OS is more stable than MS's. Thats always a plus but more than I would ever consider for a computer.

I have to throw this in here: Apple's cell phone is as backwards as it can be. Sure it offers 2 MP but no flash, video recording, almost all phones have that now. No 3G, most phones have that. Now with Apple shutting out 3rd party apps, that could have been a HUGE selling point. The only thing it has going for it is, its pretty and well pretty. If the Iphone had came out 2 years ago before the N98, SE's K line and LG's newer cellphones, then ye they would be considered innovative. All they did was put in the features of all those phones and packaged it in a pretty container.
    Last edited by danman227460; 10-02-2007 at 06:38 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone xfsasx's Avatar
    Thanks

we all have to take into consideration that this is the first iphone! If apple can go from the apple II to the macbook, im excited to see what they have in store for the future. I love my iphone, sure there can be more features but most can be fixed in the future with a software update or a hack from the dev team

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xfsasx View Post
    we all have to take into consideration that this is the first iphone! If apple can go from the apple II to the macbook, im excited to see what they have in store for the future. I love my iphone, sure there can be more features but most can be fixed in the future with a software update or a hack from the dev team
    Makes me wonder, did Apple go from Apple 2 to Macbook because of lack of sales and wanting to appeal to more people, they made it more attractive? or was there another reason?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Actually you have it wrong bud. It's the people that DON'T have one that are complaining that need to shut up. If you dropped the 5 bones to buy one then you can say anything you dang well please. If you don't like hearing other iphone owners that have things to say about their phones, try this button {back}.

They are just words, they aren't gonna "come and get you" or force you to read them. Self control seems to be the issue.

I bought mine and love it, but if I find a problem with it or Apple's handling of it you better bet that I, as well as everyone else, is going to say so....... ESPECIALLY if we spent the money.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    Actually you have it wrong bud. It's the people that DON'T have one that are complaining that need to shut up. If you dropped the 5 bones to buy one then you can say anything you dang well please. If you don't like hearing other iphone owners that have things to say about their phones, try this button {back}.

They are just words, they aren't gonna "come and get you" or force you to read them. Self control seems to be the issue.

I bought mine and love it, but if I find a problem with it or Apple's handling of it you better bet that I, as well as everyone else, is going to say so....... ESPECIALLY if we spent the money.
    Im getting one so I feel entitled to talk in this tread. I should have been more straight with my post instead of point out things like that. Their computers, I find are horrible. Overpriced. Their portable media devices, I love them. They are truly innovative. Their Iphone, could be better and many people can agree with me there.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Talking to the OP, didn't quote you.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I read all the replies and most are logical/make sense. The others who say "I spent the money" so now they can complain.. Return you IPhones and buy something better...O Wait there isn't anything better!!!

With MAC being expensive. How many hours have you tried to make a PC work as well as a MAC my time is money I guess you have all the time in the world but no money..PS anti Virus and Firewalls rock!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by danman227460 View Post
    Sure it has a multi touch screen and its open interface BUT so does the HTC Touch has a touch screen and its on other cellphones out there. MS based phones also have open interface but not to the extent of Apple and they are shutting that out
    I have to disagree with you on this. Yes, the 'innovations' that the iphone have, are offered on a whole bunch of phones, but the iPhone is the first to have all of these features in 1 product AND do it in a way that doesn't suck. having everything seemlessly integrated IS an innovation. the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

As far as apple as a brand, I've noticed that they tend to focus on good quality products. the little things like a high quality glass iphone screen, and magnetic power cords that dont drag your laptop across the ground when you trip on them, even uninstalling just by deleting an app. maybe apple's expensive, but the US used to be renowned for making high quality products not just cheap disposable crap. and thats something that I miss.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I've had apple comps since I was a kid and MacBook Pro is what I use for work today - love their products, innovation, etc.

But they are getting sucked into the dark side with At&t "exclusive" contracts, DRM issues and the itunes store in general. The technology landscape is different today, they are trying to stay competitive and their partnerships are clearly driving decisions.

All I have to point out is the lack of an AIM client built in, and the fact that the AIM supports voice chat. 1 + 1 = who needs AT&T voice plans at home, work, starbucks, some localities with free wifi, etc.

There is alot of this stuff going on, digitial convergence is makes things more efficient and there are folks that stand to lose big $$$ as things change. Not to get philosophical but often the biggest obstacle to progress is money, not a shortage of it, more like huge amounts of it.

Retired Moderator arthursdomain's Avatar
    Thanks

The only thing i hate are the companies that compare their phones to the iphone... there is no phone, and i mean no phone currently in the market (not including ones being developed) that can match the easy and use of the iphone, period.

and anyone who thinks otherwise either has no idea what they are talking about, or is living in a fantasy world. other phones may do more or different, but one that combines the ease of an apple, the use of a pda, the calling of any phone and the ipod capabilities and not to mention the full touch screen... nothing compares.
    ARTHURSDOMAIN
    ModMyI.com Apps Reviewer

Retired ModMyi.com Moderator

Follow me on twitter: twitter.com/laynem

Reviewed Apps:
    Oregon Trail, Who Has The Biggest Brain, Lock Puzzle, Tweetie

Want an app reviewed? PM me with the app name

iPhone? More like MyPhone RC_OZ's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey celltech,

Wanna buy my iPhone ? I'll sell it to you for $200 less than what I paid for. Its only 92 days old. hehe

Green Apple
    Thanks

so, if they hate apple so much, why did they buy the iPhone in the first place? wont that make them non-apple haters?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I don't "hate on" Apple. I am disappointed in their business decisions. There's a big difference there.

I have been a fervent Apple supporter for many years and feel the decision to lock their customers in with AT&T was a misstep in the first place.

I have an iPhone. I also have owned every iPod generation as well as two Apple portables.

My position is that they really didn't think this through and their motivation in parterning with AT&T was green, plain and simple. They saw a larger piece of the pie and went for that rather than trying to make the wireless phone industry a better place.

What do you think is a more Apple move; releasing a phone which can be used on any network anywhere or locking their customers in with a big, established mega-carrier? A few years ago, I would have said the former. "Think Different", they said. Well, now it looks like they're thinking just like everyone else.

And that is sad.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I wish I could combine my Garmin iQue M5 (with it's GPS , Maps, Touch Screen & Sync with more than one computer, & all the apps available) with my Sirius Stilletto 100, & the iPhone (big screen & ease of use), combining all with Video & not just pictures. This would make me a very happy camper......

s2k
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I like my iPhone and its got everything I always wanted nes aim mp3 movies online ECT.....

Thanks

I do. Personally I am getting one but I can see both sides of the coins. Feel free to critique the points Im gonna bring up. First up the Anti Apple Side:

-Apple overcharges for their products
    You can disagree with me or not BUT you cant deny that Apple products are WAY more expensive than products that do what it does and more.
    This is for one reason and one reason only. Apple products are superior to others on the market, even if they do more. Apple products and software are solid. They don't crash, they last longer, they are not outdated within a couple of months like other products, they are easily upgradeable and fully expandable.

Apple time and again, does something that others simply don't accomplish: They make a product that people WANT to use. You yourself praise other phones for being more powerful, with more features, but what are you getting? an iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by celltech View Post
    I see so much hatting going on about Apple. Without Apple we would be all playing with crap phones that don't do 1/100 as much. They raised the bar Sony and Nokia are making better products because of Apple. So seriously get rid of your Iphone or realize APPLE ROCKS!!!!

Does anyone disagree???
    I don't think anyone here denies Apple Rocks! I myself have made a bunch of gripes about this particular subject matter (iPhone) but its not directed at "Apple" per say.

My singular opinion is just this; in this industry we are dealing with two megalomaniacs. Bill Gates; a money hungry fiend who wants industry dominance at any cost, and Steve Jobs; an uber control freak who wants total dominance over the products he sells.

My gripe is directed at Steve, not Apple. The iPhone is a wonder of technology, but it is capable of so much more. And he won't let it realize its potential. Why? Because in his mind, he knows what's best for his customers. He has implied that time and again in his interviews.

So we are given a Lamborghini, and told we can never drive it over 80Mph. That would piss anyone off.
    Last edited by Eurisko; 10-03-2007 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost