+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: All Apple Haters should sell their Iphones

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
IPHONE is the best CELL phone!!
    Livin the iPhone Life yowiphone's Avatar
    Thanks

IPHONE is the best CELL phone!!
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

My iPhone is a Part of Me mofolo's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple has made some bad choices when it comes to consumer happiness.

Thats the only bad thing about apple.

And who the hell can hate apple!? I mean, look at they're spokesman, in his black top (occasionally turtleneck) and denim pants!

I mean, celltech, you can't say that you agree with Apple's ban on 3rd party apps. Or you wouldn't even be in this forum.

Apple has alot to learn in the cell phone industry. But, im glad they can always upgrade through Itunes. Nokia etc.. should learn from them (excluding the whole itunes thing. lol)
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    This is for one reason and one reason only. Apple products are superior to others on the market, even if they do more. Apple products and software are solid. They don't crash, they last longer, they are not outdated within a couple of months like other products, they are easily upgradeable and fully expandable.

I can't say I disagree on that because Ive felt a Macbook and those things have a rubber feel to them. Though some laptops are as durable for half the price. Not always the case, whenever you buy electronics, they are always outdated. This could either mean a lack of improvement for Apple products or Apple products dont need to be updated

Apple time and again, does something that others simply don't accomplish: They make a product that people WANT to use. You yourself praise other phones for being more powerful, with more features, but what are you getting? an iPhone.

Thats true, I am getting one. The main reason is the price, its much cheaper than a N95 and looks better. If you read my other post, I pointed out I really love their mobile and MP3 devices but dislike their computer line.

I don't think anyone here denies Apple Rocks! I myself have made a bunch of gripes about this particular subject matter (iPhone) but its not directed at "Apple" per say.

My singular opinion is just this; in this industry we are dealing with two megalomaniacs. Bill Gates; a money hungry fiend who wants industry dominance at any cost, and Steve Jobs; an uber control freak who wants total dominance over the products he sells.

My gripe is directed at Steve, not Apple. The iPhone is a wonder of technology, but it is capable of so much more. And he won't let it realize its potential. Why? Because in his mind, he knows what's best for his customers. He has implied that time and again in his interviews.

So we are given a Lamborghini, and told we can never drive it over 80Mph. That would piss anyone off.
    Thats what I feel is holding the Iphone back. If more people can actually see the real potential instead of the spec sheets, it would sell better.
    I added my comments near your points. I just feel that some people don't like Apple because of how closed off they are and the price point. If I was a gamer, I wouldn't touch an Apple computer. For a casual user, Apple are out of the price point for some people. That I think is a reason why Apple hasn't caught on, if they could reduce the price of laptops under a grand then people might start thinking of them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by danman227460 View Post
    I added my comments near your points. I just feel that some people don't like Apple because of how closed off they are and the price point. If I was a gamer, I wouldn't touch an Apple computer. For a casual user, Apple are out of the price point for some people. That I think is a reason why Apple hasn't caught on, if they could reduce the price of laptops under a grand then people might start thinking of them.
    If I were a gamer, I wouldn't touch Apple either, but since I use it alot for post production editing, it can't be beat. Every system has its target market.

And closed off? There's good ole Steve again, won't let anyone near his hardware. I do agree with you about the pricing. I would love to buy an Apple laptop for under a grand, but since its the only computer that can do what I want it to, without extra fuss, I'm willing to pay more. Its really to each his own.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    If I were a gamer, I wouldn't touch Apple either, but since I use it alot for post production editing, it can't be beat. Every system has its target market.

And closed off? There's good ole Steve again, won't let anyone near his hardware. I do agree with you about the pricing. I would love to buy an Apple laptop for under a grand, but since its the only computer that can do what I want it to, without extra fuss, I'm willing to pay more. Its really to each his own.
    I agree with you, I know what Apple is good for that that is usually art stuff. If I was an art student or do a lot of things with art based programs like Photoshop I would get an Apple.
    The thing is that MS is more open to other markets, you might not get the same kind of features of Apple products BUT you can do the work none the less which could be a selling point to some people who want something cheap or budget conscious.
    You do get what you paid for, a casual user would rarely consider an Apple laptop but I know a few friends who want it cuz it looks pretty.

Livin the iPhone Life iphonejeff's Avatar
    Thanks

i love my iphone! fudge them haters!!
    mod edit, old signature removed

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphonejeff View Post
    i love my iphone! fudge them haters!!
    I love my iPhone too! Just wish I could use it the way I wanted to, instead of the way Steve Jobs wanted me to.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12