Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: After restore/JB on 5.0.1 Cellular Data Network disappears

Default After restore/JB on 5.0.1 Cellular Data Network disappears
    Hi, I have an iphone 3gs on 6.15.00 bb new bootrom unlocked for T-mobile

I recently upgraded my iphone from 4.2.1 to 5.0.1 using custom firmware w/ redsn0w.

After the JB/unlock there was some considerable lag and Find my iphone wouldn't work but other GPS capabilities worked fine.

I decided I would restore it again with custom firmware and rejailbreak it.
    I downloaded the stock file again, used the latest redsn0w 9.10b4 to create a new custom ipsw. I put the iphone in pwned DFU mode, opened itunes. I got the message about an iphone in recovery mode and dismissed it, I didnt think this normally happened in pwned DFU mode but I could be wrong. I had a sucesful restore and jailbreak.

When I go to settings to connect to t-mobile the cellular data network tab is missing.

It was just there when I was running ios 5.0.1 the other day. I deleted the custom firmware and made a new custom ipsw, went through the whole restore/JB again and still have the same problem. Is there a way
    I can access this w/o paying for ifile? I saw someone give instructions on how to access this with ifile but I feel like this shouldn't be missing.

Should I downgrade back to 4.0.1 and restart?

Download ifunbox and edit the carrier.plist.You can find the info for the 4 lines of code you write in the thread here straight talk and iphone on the first page the info is in wortels 4all4,what you would be doing is putting the apn edit tab(celluar data network) in native!,,or use the trick by inserting an sim card from Tmobile but you dont need ifile thats just when you want to edit on the phone itself!!

Quote Originally Posted by vtails View Post
    Download ifunbox and edit the carrier.plist.You can find the info for the 4 lines of code you write in the thread here straight talk and iphone on the first page the info is in wortels 4all4,what you would be doing is putting the apn edit tab(celluar data network) in native!,,or use the trick by inserting an sim card from Tmobile but you dont need ifile thats just when you want to edit on the phone itself!!
    So I need to edit my carrier.plist file in ifunbox? In order to do this is need to install wortels 4all4? I'm having a hard time finding the 4 line code, this is what I've read to use but from very outdated sources...
    "<key>AllowEDGEEditing</key>
    <true/>"

I thought APN editing in Cydia was supposed to bring this tab back up in settings. I've installed it and reinstalled it again, still not showing up.

Should I just use unlockit.co.nz?
    Last edited by mccann91; 01-22-2012 at 05:50 PM.

I've never had any luck with unlockit.i am looking at the commcenter patch file(4all4)did you d/l from the thread on straight talk, there's 5 pages it it should be on the first page. If you have a hard time with it you an go to Cydia and BigBoss and install tetherme it's supported on 5.01 just reset network settings and input your your APN-MMS-VOICE MAIL AND PROXY SETTINGS you can find on google you didn't say what carrier your on. Tetherme cost 4.99 but it works and is worth the money get rid of the hassle your having.if your having the the problem with apn being gone you might want to do clean install before apple stops signing 5.01 and then resave your apticket and then use redone to J/B then see if your apn came back but the only way apn settings are in settings is to have a Factory unlock phone.l will check back to see what you came up with. I use tetherme and I am w/ ST it has the apn and works flawlessly
    Last edited by vtails; 01-22-2012 at 07:26 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to vtails For This Useful Post:

mccann91 (01-22-2012)

I think after I JB it, Ultrasn0w was not properly installed because I hadn't reflashed my ipad baseband? I dont know but I tried restoring/rejailbreaking and this time reflashed it with the ipad baseband. Ultrasn0w installed, then brought back the tab. Thanks for the tips.

I didn't know about the 6.15 BB sometimes having upgraded to ipod BB can cause a lot of issue's,But you got it fixed..