Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AnyRing 5.31 breaks the Mail.app on iOS 5.0.1

Exclamation AnyRing 5.34 breaks Mobile Safari on iOS 5.0.1
    After 2 restores I finally found the culprit crashing the iOS mail app on launch. It was AnyRing!! Sooo YD, get on that will Ya!!

PS See updated entry below...
    Last edited by Lohand; 02-01-2012 at 10:25 AM.

Red face A big thank-youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohand View Post
    After 2 restores I finally found the culprit crashing the iOS mail app on launch. I was AnyRing!! Sooo YD, get on that will Ya!!
    Hey,removing Anyring 5.3.1 stopped my mail app crashing!Thanks!!!you're a star!

One week ago, I have found this problem and sent crash reporter to Anyring. Until now, I donot receive any answer.

Quote Originally Posted by spencerpan View Post
    One week ago, I have found this problem and sent crash reporter to Anyring. Until now, I donot receive any answer.
    Well,at least mail app works cos I was really worried for a few days!
    We just have to wait foe Anyring update at least.

Quote Originally Posted by keoceska View Post
    Well,at least mail app works cos I was really worried for a few days!
    We just have to wait foe Anyring update at least.
    I just received Anyring Email. They will update to ver5.3.4 and solve Mobilemail crash tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by spencerpan View Post
    I just received Anyring Email. They will update to ver5.3.4 and solve Mobilemail crash tomorrow.
    That's great new because I really like Anyring!
    Well done for sending e-mail to Anyring.

I like it as well, but what strikes me as abnormal is that the "no so legal" version of 5.31, which I have in use now, does NOT cause problems with the Mail app.
    I bought Anyring last year, twice even (2 devices lol) and the cracked one works 'better' than the paid one

I see that Version: 5.34 is up! Anyone try it yet?

Angry AnyRing Breaks Mobile Safari on iOS 5.0.1!
    So I decided to be the guinea pig and try the updated AnyRing 5.3.4 and YIKES! Its still causing issues on iOS 5.0.1. Specifically, mobile safari force closes on start-up every time when AnyRing is installed. I was initially experiencing this as well as the mail.app crash issue but I thought the safari issue was related to something else. Well NOPE! AnyRing is the culprit here as well. And I tried it several times to confirm; AnyRing - Out, Safari launches. AnyRing - In, Safari force closes on start-up. AnyRing - Out, Safari launches. AnyRing - In, Safari force closes on start-up. AnyRing - Out, Safari launches. AnyRing - In, Safari force closes on start-up. You get the idea. Sooo YD, let us know if there is an ETA on a fix for this paid piece of code. Thanks...

So, no fix yet? YD, plz make it happen. The App Store ring tone apps are so LAME! Sayin...

Nudging, yea I know... Thing is I have paid for and been using this app since iOS3. Just sayin...

Thumbs up AnyRing 5.40 Fixes all known issues!
    Huzzah! Problem/s solved! AnyRing has been updated to 5.40 and to date has resolved all known issues!
    Thanks to YD for being responsive.

PS Did I mention how LAME app store ringtone apps are? Oh, and support the dev (and future updates), buy the darn thing for Pete-sake!

well, anyring simply doesn't activate on my 3gs on 5.0.1. it was working fine during the trial period. now, since i've paid for the thing, nothing! i don't even get a response when i email for support. even the restore button takes me to a weird godaddy.com site. what gives?